• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl + backspace does not work

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl + Backspace does not work, as it works in almost every other programme by default. I'd like to delete the whole word on the left of the cursor, but when I pres Ctrl + Backspace, it deletes the word on the right. But exactly this function is already covered by Ctrl + Delete. Is there a way to change this behaviour? I didn't find any way till now to delete the whole word on the left of the curser in one simple step.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+Delete doesn't delete the whole word. To do that you need to do Ctrl+Shift+Right, then Delete. And to delete the previous word you can do the same with Ctrl+Shift+Left, then Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, it does delete the whole word on the right of the cursor when I press Ctrl + Delete as in all the other programmes. Maybe it's country-specific setting, I have no idea, why it doesn't work like that in your case. Thank you for your suggestion, that's how I do it now. But I hope it's possible to enable the "normal" Ctrl + Backspace function to delete the whole word on the left of the cursor somehow. Altough it's just a second of time it would save, it would make me very happy... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's more likely to do with OS version and/or Acrobat version differences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! I am having the same problem! I searched everywhere online and still no solution. I am using Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and I have problems with Ctrl + Backspace. Please tell me how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow creator, I found out a solution for this and I guarantee you'll love it, but it requires AutoHotKey.

1. Install AutoHotKey. (www.autohotkey.com) Open a notepad, save as ".ahk" file extension.

2. Paste this code:
"   
#IfWinActive, Adobe Premiere Pro 2023
^Backspace::Send ^+{Left}{Backspace}
"

Basically, if Adobe Premiere Pro is the active window, if you press Ctrl+Backspace it will execute Ctrl+Shift+Left+Backspace.
3. Save the file and try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This will not help users of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines