Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CTRL+F Prompting OCR

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe Acrobat Pro:

In the past I was able to use the Find function (CTRL+F) to start a search and it would automatically prompt me to run OCR. Now it just says no text was found and I have to run OCR separately. How can I get this automatic prompt back? It was great because it removed the steps of digging through the menu for text recognition.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeremiahcauditor,

Could you please confirm if you are using "Find" option on a scanned or image file.

Can you share the exact steps you do and the screenshot of the message you get?

Also, please let us know the dot version of Adobe application and OS you are working on.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I found the answer in another community forum post. It's simply a "warning" message that was cleared at some point. It can be reset in General Preferences. Thanks!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/what-happened-to-the-quot-recognize-text-quot-default-when-yo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines