• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor becomes magnifying glass with plus. How to change back?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hampered by not knowing the Acrobat DC lingo.

I am going through someone else's PDF manuscript on a MacBook Pro (10.12.6).  I am using the comment facility to highlight items and stickynote them.

Today, I must bump something: the cursor changes to a little magnifying glass with a plus sign in the glass part.  The cursor stops serving my purposes.

I cannot get the cursor back to normal by other than saving my work, shutting down Acrobat DC, restarting it, and reloading the manuscript.

Can someone put me onto the name of this special cursor and how to dis-invoke it?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Right-click on the gray background of the toolbar and then select "Show Select & Zoom Tools" - here you can configure which zoom tools show up, and you can also reset the zoom tools. However, selecting the Hand tool should your cursor regardless of whether the zoom tool is shown or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have selected the "Zoom to selected area" tool by accident:

2017-11-30_17-40-34.png

To get back to the "normal" tool, you can select the "Hand" tool from the toolbar. If you've enabled "single key accelerators" in Acrobat's General preferences, you can also just hit the "H" key to switch to the hand tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the hand tool disappear and you can't figure out how to get it back, it may be because you've customized your Toolbar. I wrote an article dealing with that here: Document Geek: Acrobat's Mysterious and Frustrating Hand Tool Behavior

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I don't BELIEVE I have customized anything, but I will read your stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl Heinz!

Thank you for your rapid reply.  As usual, I am off with the birds someplace in a parallel universe: my (MacBook) Reader says it's up to date, but it does not show the icon in your little screenshot. 

I wanted to attach a screenshot of my situation to this reply, but I haven't encountered the "camera icon" mentioned in the email reply instructions.

Is there a way to mark this as unresolved (or unresolvable) so that other folks will not waste time on it/me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the gray background of the toolbar and then select "Show Select & Zoom Tools" - here you can configure which zoom tools show up, and you can also reset the zoom tools. However, selecting the Hand tool should your cursor regardless of whether the zoom tool is shown or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tysm this solved my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select the hand tool.  If you do not see a hand tool, right-click and select "reset toolbars" ( also alt+f8).  Now you should have a hand icon (looks like a catcher mitt).  Best of luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines