custom drop down list outputting

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evening everyone, 

So my quesiton is quick and probably easy for most of you, but I, for the life of me, cannot figure it out. So, i have a drop down list of options for someone to choose and then that outputs to a second box a price with the code "event.value = this.getField("Labor_1").valueAsString;" 

I want to be able to add custom text for something that isnt in the drop down list, which i know how to to do that, just click allow cutom text, but then it gives an error since the price doesnt exist and i cannot edit the price in the is the cell that is automatically outputting a price based on the selection on the drop down box. 

So my question is, what do i change in the java code to allow me to enter a cutom amount without getting an error so that i can add custom text in the drop down section and then change the price to whatever i want it to be if need be when necessary. Thank you all in advance. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'd have to post the exact code you're using if you want suggestions for changing it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines