Highlighted

Custom Quicktools Questions

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few questions about Custom Quick Tools and Icons.

I've created custom quick tools based on my specific Javascript actions. All of the generic icons on Custom Quick tools look the same. How can I add an icon to each of them? Also, will my Custom Quick Tools save across multiple computers? How can I make sure that when my PDF is shared, they have access to my Custom Quick Tools? 

I know this is a lot of questions. I appreciate any help I can get. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Karl Heinz Kremer | Adobe Community Professional

Your custom quicktools are your custom quicktools - this means they are not shared. They are also not shared across multiple computers, unless they are connected via a "roaming profile" (that would be  Windows setting) - or a shared home directory (on a Mac). You will have to live with the generic icons. Only custom tools (written in JavaScript or as an Acrobat plug-in) can provide their own toolbar icons. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Custom Quicktools Questions

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few questions about Custom Quick Tools and Icons.

I've created custom quick tools based on my specific Javascript actions. All of the generic icons on Custom Quick tools look the same. How can I add an icon to each of them? Also, will my Custom Quick Tools save across multiple computers? How can I make sure that when my PDF is shared, they have access to my Custom Quick Tools? 

I know this is a lot of questions. I appreciate any help I can get. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Karl Heinz Kremer | Adobe Community Professional

Your custom quicktools are your custom quicktools - this means they are not shared. They are also not shared across multiple computers, unless they are connected via a "roaming profile" (that would be  Windows setting) - or a shared home directory (on a Mac). You will have to live with the generic icons. Only custom tools (written in JavaScript or as an Acrobat plug-in) can provide their own toolbar icons. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do custom commands save across computers and other shared users?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to either copy the plug-in or the JavaScript code to other machines. As far as different users on the same machine: Plug-ins are installed on the system level, so they would definitely be shared, and JavaScripts can be installed on the application or the user level, so it depends. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0