• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Scripting - restrict the count in multiple text field with the value in another text field

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have text fields "D1, D2, D3....D31" which is updated with alphabets "P", "U" or "C". I am having a total value in number for these "P", "U" or "C" in another text field lets say the value I updated is 30. I need the user to be restricted from updating in "D1, D2, D3....D31" above this value. Let me know if this can be done or If someone could help me with this that would be great...

Thanks in advance

Jai

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't follow. Should the values of those fields be the letters (by the way, why not use a drop-down, if that's the case?), or a numeric value? If the latter, what do the letters have to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, its alphabets I shall explain... the use was for an employee leave sheet each employee have certain days of accumulated leave a year. when the HR sent the sheet they put this opening figure for "P" paid, "U" unpaid, or "C" compensatory. and sent them so we need the employee only to put that much since most of them do not understand too much-complicated things. So, we told them just to update only if you need P, U or C. So if we restrict the value to this count then they cannot enter and we will reduce some rework.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still don't follow entirely. So the users enter the letters, or numbers?

And in what way do you want to restrict it, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines