• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

damaged files

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an user working on another state connected via cisco meraki system using the site to site VPN. (we are in the process  of installing a local server on that location)

She downloads plans from different websites and open them on adobe and then she saves them on the file server. after a few days she tries to open the saved document from the server, the file is damaged. We try reinstalling adobe, installing updates but nothing seems to work. any suggestion.

Note - English is my second language, I apologize for the errors.

OS - windows 10

PC - Lenovo thinkpad p53

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say Adobe you mean Adobe Acrobat Pro DC or another PDF reader software? Adobe Reader DC perhaps?

That said, are you still able to open the same files in a web browser such as Google Chrome for example?

Is this happening on any computer assigned to that network segment or just  some computers?

I just don't see what is the relationship of a Cisco VPN and installing a file server in this mix unless you're trying to run Adobe Acrobat Pro in a virtualized netwroked environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is adobe acrobat Pro DC, I haven't try opening the file on a browser, that will be my next step. I just gave extra information to have an idea how she connects and access our servers. I will contact and ask her to open that file with google chrome. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a follow up - the file can't be open with any browser, I tried several and I got the same error. 

adobe error

Arnold5C4F_0-1617733641243.png

ms edge based on chromium 

Arnold5C4F_1-1617733697891.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will you be able ro share an example of such files with us?

Maybe the producing software is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If she saves them to a local drive (as a test), can she close and re-open the files?  Might be good to know that her version/installation of Acrobat will save a file successfully.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines