Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

data extraction

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning everyone,

I'd like to extract data from many PDF's which aren't forms. I can't see any option to extract data from pdf to an excel worksheet.

Is it possible to do it by selecting data we want to exctract ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can do it manually, one file at a time. To do so highlight the area with the data then right-click it and select Export Selection As - Excel Workbook. If you want to do it automatically then it will require a script that can identify the location of the data, extract it and then save it as a CSV file, for example, which could then be opened in Excel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thaks a lot for your information, and where could I write that script on adobe ? Or copy it from the web ?

Could this type of script extract data from several files ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not something you can copy and paste from somewhere, it will have to be custom-made for you specific needs, and it's a complicated task. If you have Acrobat Pro then you could use it as a part of an Action and process multiple files, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok then how can I code scripts ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines