• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deactivate a license acrobat professional 2017

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to deactivate a license on a PC (the PC it isn't available) to be able to install on another PC. What can i do?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Hi Icromspa,

To install the application on a new machine, simply sign out from the Adobe Acrobat DC application on the old machine.

Activate and deactivate Adobe products

As you have mentioned that the old machine is not available, you may try once to install the application on the new one.

Check if you can install it without any issues.

If you experience any issue or get any issue in activating the application, then you will need to contact the support team.

You can contact them using this link Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Hi Sapmec,

Thank you for reaching out.

We have checked your account with the email address used by you to sig in to the community. I see that you have a perptual license of Acrobat for Mac Platform.

As you have mentioned above that you have deactivated the license before doing a factory refresh, I assume you are uisng the Mac machine.

Now, as you get the message about the serial num ber used by maximum allowed computers, you may try the following steps:

- Open this link https://account.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to contact Adobe directly so they can do it for you. See: Activation and deactivation troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Icromspa,

To install the application on a new machine, simply sign out from the Adobe Acrobat DC application on the old machine.

Activate and deactivate Adobe products

As you have mentioned that the old machine is not available, you may try once to install the application on the new one.

Check if you can install it without any issues.

If you experience any issue or get any issue in activating the application, then you will need to contact the support team.

You can contact them using this link Contact Customer Care.

Open the link and sign in with the Adobe ID that you used while purchasing the subscription.

Then select the "Account issues" tab and then scroll down the page.

You will get an option to initiate a chat or to contact the support team at the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue described in this thread where I am unable to activate Acrobat Pro 2017 on a second machine. The second machine was wiped clean and factory refreshed but I thought I had both logged out of my adobe.com account as well as deactivated the license link via the Acrobat Pro 2017 Help menu. I did not receive any errors so assumed both Deactivation and Adobe account logout were successful. Then proceeded to factory refresh the machine. Now I'm getting the following error:

The serial number xyz is already in use by the maximum allowed computers. You need to deactivate another computer within N days to use this product.

FYI: If I choose the radio button option to 'Retry activation. I have already deactivated one of my other computers'...it just hangs and never completes. If I choose 'Provide a different serial number' and put in the valid serial number it accepts it but throws the same pop-up message above the next time I open Acrobat. I have also tried logging out of the working Acrobat Pro 2017 installation on the other machine as well as the refreshed machine to see if that disassociated all licensed installs. This did not work as the properly installed/license machine accepts the Adobe login but the refreshed one still throws the same license activation error message.

Based on searching the Adobe Community posts it looks like for this scenario I need to contact Adobe support directly, however, this does not seem possible any more due to the whole Covid-19 shutdown. Is there a way someone from Adobe can reach out to me directly to assist with this valid license/activation issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sapmec,

We have checked your account with the email address used by you to sig in to the community. I see that you have a perptual license of Acrobat for Mac Platform.

As you have mentioned above that you have deactivated the license before doing a factory refresh, I assume you are uisng the Mac machine.

Now, as you get the message about the serial num ber used by maximum allowed computers, you may try the following steps:

- Open this link https://account.adobe.com/

- Sign in with your Adobe ID

- Go to Profile tab and select Active sessions (It will show you all the active session along with the device information)

- You can end session for individual session or can scroll down the screen and click on the "End all session".

Also, you may check if you are using the correct serial number to istall the application.

I assume that you may have updated the Mac OS, so please install the application from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Or you may download the installer from the Adobe account. Take help of the steps provided here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html#IfyoupurchasedfromAdobecomorregi...

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you expeience any issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivating all connected sessions and signing out of Acrobat and back in worked! Thanks so much for the instructions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@meenakshin83966505, unfortunately it looks like the deletion of all Active sessions did not 'stick'...the same odd Serial Number pop up registration message '

The serial number xyz is already in use by the maximum allowed computers. You need to deactivate another computer within N days to use this product.' still keeps showing up with the 2 radio buttons, Retry Activation or Provide a different serial number.

Please note that this appears to be odd as the serial number pop-up message does not seem to be quite right, i.e., the message states 'you need to deactivate another computer within N days...'. It's displaying N instead of an actual number. Do you have any other ideas or are you able to take a look at my account once again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@meenakshin83966505, unfortunately it looks like the deletion of all Active sessions did not 'stick'...the same odd Serial Number pop up registration message '

The serial number xyz is already in use by the maximum allowed computers. You need to deactivate another computer within N days to use this product.' still keeps showing up with the 2 radio buttons, Retry Activation or Provide a different serial number.

Please note that this appears to be odd as the serial number pop-up message does not seem to be quite right, i.e., the message states 'you need to deactivate another computer within N days...'. It's displaying N instead of an actual number. Do you have any other ideas or are you able to take a look at my account once again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. Initially, I also got the error message with the 'N' days to deactivate the old device, but I could still use Acrobat. I then simply deleted the Acrobat Licensing Application, which ejected the error message every time I started Acrobat. However, since a few days ago, Acrobat will not start up anymore at all. I now get the error message "The serial number xxxx is already in use by the maximum allowed computers. You must deactivate another computer or provide another valid serial number to use Adobe Acrobat again on this computer." Acrobat support has been unhelpful so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and up until now they (thru chat) still told me they have the technical issue that can not verify my serial number and ask me to wait but don't know when the issue will be fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. Did anyone ever get answers to how to fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact them again and ask for an "activation count reset".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with transferring my license to another computer (AC Pro 2017),

I do not have Help > Deactivate on

I have finished all sessions - https://account.adobe.com/sessions

How to contact technical support? each link goes to the forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mariuszos!

As you are trying to install Acrobat 2017 on the new machine, you may download the installer from this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2017-downloads.html 

If you experience any issues, please let us know. Share the error message if you receive any.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed from the link provided, no changes.
Error as in the picture.

Should the session with the computer name be displayed on the page? i have firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will no longer be able to use the program in 16 days.
Please reset the key so that I can use it on a new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem - Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 and it won't let me install on my newer laptop.  Have tried everything in the thread.  Is there a solution for Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017?  To be specific, I'm not referring to Acrobat DC or other versions of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: just thought I would provide an update on this for me...unfortunately since my original post from a long time ago, I still have no resolution for my Acrobat 2017 on macOS installations. My only workaround at this point is to essentially NEVER close Acrobat down after putting in the registration/license key. What this means is that if I open Acrobat anew it opens and then fires up the pop-up that  says:

The serial number xyz is already in use by the maximum allowed computers. You need to deactivate another computer within N days to use this product.

I don't choose the radio button option to 'Retry activation. I have already deactivated one of my other computers'...as it just hangs and never completes.

What I do is choose 'Provide a different serial number' and put in/re-enter the valid serial number, it accepts it and doesn't ask for it again unless Acrobat is shut down manually or if it's Acrobat is closed via a macOS reboot/restart. So...my workaround is essentially to leave Acrobat open and running without any open PDF files 😞 It's not a great solution but I know it's been working for many many months now as a workaround. I do wish that Adobe Support could provide a fix/solution for this though as it sounds like it's not unique to my Adobe account and license key combination for Acrobat 2017. It's a good thing that macOS can stay in a sleep state for many days/weeks/months without requiring a restart 😜

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see Acrobat Pro in my listing of registered products - curious if
you see it in your online list of your registered products? I believe that
there is some website issue impacting registrations
appearing/disappearing in online Adobe accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your OS version? What happens when you try to install it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my original post, Adobe Support indicated (see above) to log out of my Adobe account within Acrobat 2017 on both of my macs, uninstall, re-install, re-register, etc...My current status is after having done all of these steps and the license prompt continues to exist each time Acrobat 2017 is shut down and restarted. The last time I did the Adobe Account logout in Acrobat 2017, uninstall, re-install, re-register, re-login Acrobat account was back in April 2020 (see above). I informed Adobe Support that the proposed solution did not work and the exact same repetitive license prompt keeps happening and have not heard anything since...which is why I've just been putting up with my workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro 2017 installs just fine. No problems - except for the
registration. Strangely, the registration details are not shown in my
adobe account - in fact, it seems that all older registrations are not
there although the account is otherwise just fine. Did Adobe hide older
registrations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

contact online support,
they asked a few questions in the chat and managed to install AR 2017 Pro on two devices (desktop + laptop)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines