• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Page Layout is Two-Up, but it does not work

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Default Page Layout is Two-Up and Default Zoom is set at Automatic.  Resolution is set at 110 pixels/inch.

But when I open any PDF, Acrobat 2017 always opens in single page view.

How do I get Acrobat to open with Page Display set to Two page view?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marceepoo,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you have mentioned above, the PDF opens in single page view even when you have set the default page layout to Two-up.

Please make sure that the application is updated to the latest version. Refer to this link Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader to check the latest versions available for Acrobat 2017.

Also, when you change the default page layout setting in the Preferences window, relaunch the application once.

Try to open multiple PDFs to check the page layout. If there is any preset added to the PDF, it will open with that particular layout, not in the default layout.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you still experience the issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to check the Initial View settings of the document you are opening - it may be set to a specific view, overriding your default.

I hope this is helpful.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may want to check the Initial View settings of the document you are opening - it may be set to a specific view, overriding your default.

I hope this is helpful.

My best,

Dave

By @Dave__M

Given the latest Acrobat (checked via the included check for updates) is not broken, that might be the issue. Would you please know how to check if a certain document has an "Initial View settings"? Do you also know if that can be overridden? Or is there a hidden way of actually setting the default layout which is applied every time, not just when the file feels like allowing the user to open it how he wants? 

I am un" ultrawide and I work almost exclusively with multi-page A4 format. Given the semi-recent UI change, I have to click 4 on different places to set it in a way I can see the document. 

Thank you for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny - I have the opposite problem. I once set it to two-page and now every document opens in two page view, which I don't want. Maybe we should swap accounts 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue in the latest version in 2023🤦Make your default settings make sense Adobe!

This is what I had to do to fix the problem.

1. Change default preferences to Two-Up and Automatic zoom. (Edit > Preferences > Page Display)
  2. Disable showing of, in my case, non-existing cover page. (View > Page Display > Show Cover Page in Two Page View)

No 2 is required if you want to manually switch to 2 page display too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2023, you have to also uncheck Edit: Preferences...: Documents: Restore last view settings when reopening documents

I consider this a bug. I have never opened those documents before. Thus, the defaults set by me should apply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines