• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete blank pages

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to know if there is an option in Adobe Acrobat to delete automatically blank pages from a scan. Or if I need other program to do it. [Tags removed by moderator]

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Hi,

Acrobat doesn't have the option to remove blank pages. You can do it manually from Organize pages.

You have to select all blank pages and delete.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to ask.

If you are scanning a document of some type and creating a PDF out of the scans why are there blank pages.

Simple don't scan blanks sheets of paper.

As to your question. Not that I know of.

And if you are asking about the Acrobat Reader program then definitely not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I scan like 100 paper per scan and some of those pages have many blank pages, so if I do it manually is to much time doing it.

I actually use Adobe Acrobat XI Standard. With another program do you know if this could be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if it can be done automatically but yes Acrobat XI will allow you to edit out the blank pages. Which you probably already knew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Acrobat doesn't have the option to remove blank pages. You can do it manually from Organize pages.

You have to select all blank pages and delete.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to revive this older post, it is worth clarifying this point.

If pages have been scanned in that are blank, then I agree. However, if the pages are empty of content (or filled with white or [none]) then there is a feature to remove empty pages, but it is hidden in the preflight portion of the print production tools:

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 23.13.19.png

To be fair though, the page does have to be empty, so if there's a scan of a blank page, that doesn't count as blank, as there is still content there in the form of a scan. However, when I tested this prior to submitting this post, my test file also contained specific pages that had nothing but [paper] coloured text, [none] coloured text; and text coloured C0 M0 Y0 K0 from InDesign, and when the preflight had run, those pages had been removed.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also possible to remove pages that don't have any text on them using a script. It can't know if they have images on them, though, so that might not be suitable for scanned documents, unless you first run the Recognize Text command on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering why my Preflight screen looks so different from yours.  And mine has no "Remove empty pages."

2020-12-17 (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Question; love to see any variation of remove blank pages preflight--
Evan Jones

Personal informatino removed by moderator!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't mean to revive something old, but I ran into this first time too - it's under the third preflight page, with the wrench.
The option works on most pages, but not all. I find that randomly I need to still get in and manually select about 5% of the blanks that weren't removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to click the spanner icon, 3rd button right of the show all dropdown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops read all first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!!!  Thank you SO MUCH!!!  🙂  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is terrible for such a massive program.  Why not?  I have documents that print to pdf and blank pages are being inserted automatically.  This is ridiculous problem to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I cannot fathom why this doesn’t exist either.  I’ve got some scans that need to be duplex scanned (documents with text and info on both sides of a piece of paper) and would love to have duplex set up as a default selection, and an auto recognition of blank pages with no text when the scanned documents only are only printed single sided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My scanner has a "remove blank pages" option that works well.  I scan 100% of the time in duplex mode and the scanner removes the blank pages and keeps each side when there is text present.

Having said that, I really would like a feature within Acrobat to remove blank pages.  It is aggrevating as I receive documents from clients all the time with blank pages I have to remove in processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

may i ask the brand and model please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

may i ask the brand and model please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version deletes the blank pages? I have to scan double sided and need to delete the blank pages that I don't need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat DC you can delete empty pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat DC Pro, I don't see a setting to automatically delete/remove blank/empty pages.

Where is the setting?  Edit>Preferences>???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Evan,

Adobe Acrobat doesn't delete the blank pages automatically. You have to get it done manually. 

Acrobat>Tools>Organize Pages>select and Delete is the option that would help.

There's no such preferences that can be changed to achieve this automatically. https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/delete-pages-from-pdf.html 

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Akanchha  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you are Adobe Employee, then can you suggest to your supervisor that why don't we make a preference that automatically removes blank pages?

Thanks a million in advance.

Best regards,

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines