Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deploy Acrobat DC with VMware Thinapp

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I try to install Acrobat Pro DC on VMware Horizon 7 VDI.

The establishment on the mother works perfectly.

I try to deploy it on the other VDI with a VMware Thinapp application. Deployment OK, but when I launch the application from the VDI, I get this error :

Capture.PNG

I don't have this problem on the mother.

I have already contacted the adobe Support on the chat and on the phone, and They were not able to help me.

VDI runs on Windows seven sp1, it's VMware Horizon 7.2, and VMware Thinapp 5.2.2.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello mikek49578994,

This is chiucs123. I have gone through this issue with other application. This is actually very common for software that uses shared C++ Redistributable libraries (just ignore that if you are not interested in what that is - a thing it needs). Since ThinApp is used for making standalone deployments, you should also include this redistributable thing along with the software.

Steps:
1. Make a clean environment (not with trees, I'm sure you know what this means - fresh install system)
2. Install any required redistributable along with the software, in this case, it is with Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager.
     (If you think all that is too bulky, use the retail CD version to install, it cuts off fat.)
3. Select the minimum needed install options, hence distillator and whatever should not be checked if you aren't intended to use them in major.
4. Well. Thin it. Compile by selecting the ONLY entrance point / or those with a decent logo (and get a .DAT)
5. Check compress virtual package.

6. Loop through the install progress as you enjoy a cup of tea~
7. Done.

The package should size around 2-3 GBs (in full functionality)

Things to note.
I guess Adobe won't be happy to have these packages since these deployments mean licensing issues to them and given the portability, things may go wild. Always use your own license for your own deployments and use on your own.

Hope these helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a thinapp with VB serialization which works fine, if interested let me know:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I would love some more details if possible.

My build throwing exceptions, and when user enter his credentials, seems to restart asking for credentials again and again

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines