Desperately need dramatic reduction in interactive pdf size

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, this is an old topic I know but just as a hail mary I wated to see if there was anything I haven't tried. I desperately need to shave 20MB off of a 120MB interactive pdf, 50% is currentlly from interactive features or adobe forms (not a lot I can do about these), 20% on content stream and another 12% on images. I've tried saving as to a new name and saving reduced and the change is negligible. I can't really sacrifice much more image quality at this point so I'm at a bit of a loss. One thing that I thought might work is if I take the text out of every page, bring it in to a new indesign doc and then save each page layout as a pdf which I then place back into the original thus reducing the size of the content stream. However I assume the space taken up by images will then just go up in it's place, at this point I'll try anything. Any suggestions would be really appreciated

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example do your images in JPEG 2000. Ha. And do most of the text in TeX.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't just decide on a target for reduction. You can only experiment and see what you get. 
- did you try using diffferent PDF optimiser settings?

- that is a huge amount for interactive features/forms. What do you have in there,  video clips?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines