Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Signature Caused crash

Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was filling out a form and tried clicking on the digital signature, I was prompted with the 4 squares loading, it flashes and nothing happens. After that I was unable to save any document. I tried restarting my cpu, uninstalling and reinstalling to the latest version. Version 2017.009.20044. I still have the same problem, now not only does the signature not work but I cannot save any documents, I just get that loading symbol. I never had this issue with saving documents before, only after I tried this.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amanj86,

Please refer to the steps suggested in the link below:

"save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document.

Feel free to update this discussion if you need further help.

Thanks,
Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello amanj86,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have knowledge of similar issues and working on them.

Meanwhile, request you to do followings as workaround:

• Restart your machine
  • Repair application and restart your machine

Kindly provide followings if issue still exists:

• Check if RdrCEF.exe is hanged:
    • go to Task Manager
    • check whether a process named "RdrCEF" is running or not?
    • If running, is it in a hanged state?
    • If hanged, right click on the process and create the dump file and share with us.
  • Check if Rdrcef.exe is crashing [Go to task manager -> observe PID of RdrCEF processes, it changes]
    • enable the Windows crash reporting WER feature. Steps to enable crash dump creation: Collecting User-Mode Dumps (Windows)
    • OR You can also use the attached registry key to enable the automatic crash dump creation. This will place the dump at C:\Dumps\. dump.reg

You can share logs/dumps/sample files with us via Adobe Send https://cloud.acrobat.com/send or any medium you are comfortable with.

Please keep us updated how it goes.

-Thanks

Sunil Soni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im having the same issue that Adobe DC crashes on saving a document with a signature. Had Acrobat for decades, never had this problem. Now new mac, new ADC software, Adobe crashes 90% of the time I try to save a doc with a signature. Tried a total reinstall, same issue. Tried replacing signatures, nada. Worked fine on my old computer, never had a problem. Anyone have a fix? Its driving me bananas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines