• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Signature doesn't display name. Shows "signed by member:" and string of numbers and letters

New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am viewing a document (I'm viewing it on a PC) that was signed digitally on a MAC.  Instad of the name of the signer, I only see "Digitally signed by member:" and then a string of numbers and letters.  What does the signer need to do to correct their signature before signing and then sending the document to me?Incorrect Signature.PNG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue. I have tried validating their signature on the form to see if it would then revert to the proper details but no joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is that you are choosing a keychain certificate that has been created for another purpose. Open Keychain Access on your Mac, then go to the menu item Keychain Access  -> Certificate Assitant -> Create a Certificate. Name the Certificate using your name. Once this self signed certificate has been created, you can select and use it when digitally signing certificates in Adobe Reader, and your correct name will be used instead of member:followed by a string of numbers and letters. You can also alter the appearance of the digital signature in Adobe Reader by going to Preferences -> Signatures -> Creation and Appearance -> Create New Appearence, then Edit.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines