• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Signature Not Showing Up in Saved PDF

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am frequently sent pdf contracts that need to be filled out, signed and returned.  I turn the pdf into a form and then add a signature field, click "certify with visible signature," sign it and save it as a pdf.  But then when I email the signed pdf it has all the form content but doesn't show the signature. Same for when I open the file in Preview.  The signature only shows up in Acrobat.  Can anyone help explain what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue here in our NY office.  We have fillable forms created using Acrobat DC but when the other office (Asia) receives the signed documents they dont see the signatures. They are using Acrobat Xi Pro.  IS that the reason why they cant see the signatures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly is the Advanced option to Extend Features in Adobe Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to EXTRACT from a PDF with a Topaz signature on it (RUNNING ACROBAT PRO X ON WINDOWS) and when it EXTRACT'S the signature that a client has signed digitally via Topaz it does not show up when saving it, any suggestions?

I am lost and any help would greatly be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arevalo,

When you extract a page (or any mount of pages in the document) you are creating a new document, and thus the signature is always removed. If you want the new document to be signed you need to sign it, you just can't pull pages out and expected the signature to persist.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I found a work around it. Extract which pops open a new window THEN sign and then save, which captures the original signature.

Andrew Arevalo

The Corrigan Group

303-882-8983

www.athomedenver.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

One last thing. I am unable to clear a signature on one of the computers. Any ideas. I am working on 2 and one of them fine but the other is giving me grief.

Andrew Arevalo

The Corrigan Group

303-882-8983

www.athomedenver.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Even though you may be working in Acrobat or Adobe Reader, the signature operations are controlled by a plug-in. You can use the plug-in that comes with the software, or, you can use (what we call) third-party software. When it comes to removing a signature, and if you are using the Adobe Default Security plug-in, then you have to have the private key to clear the signature. It could be that by moving the file from one machine to another you can't clear the signature because the private key isn't available on the second machine. That said, if you are using the Topaz software to sign and verify you may need to check with them as to what their rules are.

All of the code for creating, verifying, and clearing signtures lives in the plug-ins and Topaz may have a different rule set than Adobe.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it is worth, the same thing happens intermittently using the custom stamp in Adobe Acrobat Pro. It seems assigning blame to other operating systems and programs is irrelevant. A simple "flatten" command would be useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Sign to get signatures.  Using Windows 10.   I then download the signed contracts and save as an unsecured PDF to send to my accounting dept who of course uses MACs.   They try to view in MAC Preview.    Up until 2-3 weeks ago there was no issue.    Now they open my PDF in MAC Preview and they can see the first few pages and the rest are there but appear blank.     There was no issue with this for just over 2 years.    This issue started 2-3 weeks ago.   Supports answer if for them to download and use Adobe Reader DC.      Not going to happen.     Anyone know of a work around or if I am doing something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a work-around using Preview on Mac.  After adding my signature, I used the Print function and then select PDF, save the file.  My signature appeared in the saved version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines