• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Signatures do not appear

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When users are e-mailing an institutional form that contains digital signatures, the signatures disppear when the file is opened in Adobe Acrobat. Some troubleshooting I have done are below.

Windows 10 computer, Outlook Web App (OWA) and Microsoft Edge:

• When previewing the file within OWA, signatures show up
  • If I download the file and save it to my desktop:
    • Open the file in Adobe Acrobat Reader (v2019.021.20061), signatures disappear
    • Open the file in Microsoft Edge, signatures are present
  • If I print the file using 'Microsoft Print to PDF', then open the file, signatures are present but the form fields are now lost.

On a MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina 10.15.4

• Outlook Web App to preview the file
    • Using Mozilla Firefox, no signatures
    • Using Edge Chromium, signatures appear
    • Using Google Chrome, signatures appear
  • Download the File and open using the indicated app
    • Apple Preview App, signatures appear
    • Adobe Acrobat Professional (v2020.006.20034), no signatures

I am guessing when the signatures are appearing, the file is being previewed in a "flat-file" format. However, why are the signatures disappearing when I open the file in Adobe Acrobat Reader or Professional?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, we are having the same issues more or less. We have a form in which 3 digital signatures need to be added from people with different functions. They all appear simultaneously if I open them on Acrobat Pro on a Macbook but only the most recent one appears in Acrobat Pro on a Windows computer. Signatures appear again if you print to PDF.

However, this isn't good enough as I keep getting emails from people with Windows computers thinking there is a problem when in fact the signatures are there, just invisible? Very annoying!

Also why is there no print to pdf functionality available on Macbooks? Really can't understand how a company the size of Adobe cannot make software that works the same on different operating systems, honestly it's 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2023 here, and I am facing the same issues. Disappointing! I am going to start searching for open source alternatives now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share such a file? It can be a dummy file, but it needs to reproduce the issue on your side.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines