• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital signatures

Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I'm not super familiar with digital signatures, so it may not be possible to do what I'm trying to do. The company I work for is sending out contracts for 2021. Up until today, people have printed out the contracts, signed them, then scanned them... then sent them back to us. We're all working remotely (in different states), so I'm adding the owner's signature to the contract (as an image). 

Today I got a PDf that they added a digital signature to. And I have a feeling this will happen more and more often. The problem is that now I can't open the PDF and edit it... adding the owner's signature. It won't let me edit the document due to the digital signature.

So how do I get around this? Is it possible to edit a PDF once there's a digital signature? Thanks!

Julie

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

That is the whole purpose of sealing a document with a digital signature. You'll need to ask the person who sign it to clear the digital signature. Otherwise the answer is No, you can't edit a PDF document once it has been signed like this.

On the other hand, it is more practical if you , as the creator of the form, employ a hidden signature field that only allows portions of the document (field objects) to remain editable or read only. You can configure those signature fields like this too. B

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the whole purpose of sealing a document with a digital signature. You'll need to ask the person who sign it to clear the digital signature. Otherwise the answer is No, you can't edit a PDF document once it has been signed like this.

On the other hand, it is more practical if you , as the creator of the form, employ a hidden signature field that only allows portions of the document (field objects) to remain editable or read only. You can configure those signature fields like this too. But more importantly, also add a password to add editing  restrictions to your original document.

Have you considered using Adobe Sign in this type of workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't edit a signed document, UNLESS you've prepared for it in advance and added multiple Signature fields, and have set them not to lock each other when signed. Then you'll be able to add an additional signature to a pre-signed file, without invalidating the old signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Julie

++ Adding to the discussion

Please look at the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/edit-signed-PDF.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines