• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable or remove Share button new to Acrobat DC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last update 2018-09, this bright blue Share button appeared. 

And then a pop-up comes telling me what it can do for my life.

How can we hide the button or at least disable the pop-up

If I want to share, I will press the e-mail button that was already there, beside print:

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..... You're not listening.

the main complaint is that the

• "share" button cannot be REMOVED.
  • "feedback" button cannot be REMOVED.
  • "Notifications" button cannot be REMOVED
  • "Learn Adobe Acrobat" button cannot be REMOVED
  • "Profile and Settings" button cannot be REMOVED.

These are not here for customer ease - some twat thought of it so you put it in because you could.

Make it an OPTION under "Adobe Acrobat Pro DC/Preferences" - so IF someone wants it they can - but otherwise they can  REMOVE IT.

Please note the bolded emphasis on the work REMOVE.  And YES I am "shouting" the word REMOVE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So...

Now I'm getting clients who think that because the "share" button is there they should be using it.

Invariably this means what they send to me is a "flat file" - and I cannot export the data in the form they have completed.

I (and many others it seems) are not asking for you to remove these "features" (bugs) from the application completely - we want to be able to remove them from the toolbar in the advent that they hamper work flow or use up space better used for features that are used or simply mean more work (as per above).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for this. Helped me in the past.

But I reinstalled my laptop and now the fix-page is no longer available. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree that the blue messages like this "Share" popup (or whatever these promotional messages are called these days) shown in the attached image, is one of the annoying features of the most recent update to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

As if the other changes to layout and interface were not disruptive enough, this kind of nonsense has no place in a product marketed as "Pro" (as in professional). Or has that word too been abused into utter meaninglessness by marketers?

Share Advertisement.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more vote to stop disrupting the user interface.

This button is ugly, annoying, way too big and always blocking something useful. To prevent users from disabling this little bugger, some marketing guys disabled the disabling. So that is how customers are treated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mr. Gupta,

But is there a way to hide the "share", "provide feedback", and "learn adobe DC) buttons from the toolbar? They take up far too much real estate and make it so I cannot have the tools that I want to quickly access in the toolbar when I shrink the window down to the width of the page I am viewing.  This is a big economical problem for when I want to review and annotate multiple documents at a time.

See below: the ability to only have 8 tools visible in the tool bar (the page numbers should not even count as tools) when reviewing an 8.5 x 11 document in page view on a 27" monitor is a problem.

Please give us the ability to show/hide whatever we want in the tool bar. Productivity is everything and the inability to remove unwanted items has a significant negative effect on mine. It sounds like this is negatively affecting most everyone else who uses the product also.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I echo the frustration of others. This is a really sad "enhancement" that simply gets in the way. It's unnecessary, inconvenient, ill-considered, annoying, and ultimately frustrating that it can't be removed. This kind of arrogant we-know-better-than-you-what-you-need from Adobe isn't winning any friends.

PLEASE REMOVE IT OR ALLOW US TO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stopped using Acrobat Reader DC, because this useles button is taking way too much space from my toolbar.

Other competing programs allow me to set my own tools and not force down useless Adobe features that I don't use down my throat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well; here I am now. I found another program that is almost as good as Acrobat. I’ve given up a few benefits in automated cropping, but editing and redaction are actually better.

I would have waited, and eventually come back to Acrobat once this glaring bug was addressed. However adobe chose to charge me on the way out the door.

I’m livid!

i have two registered accounts. One dates back to 2006. The other pre-dates the internet and was created by POSTAL MAIL card.

I’ve Been loyal and outspoken in my support.

This is how you treat me?  Charge me $40? Too bad. One more customer who won’t come back.

keep this up you’ll quickly go out of business!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With our latest release on 11th Dec, 2018, the issue reported by you has been addressed.

If your product has not already been updated, to get the latest product update, click on the menu Help --> Check for updates in the product.

Now you can right click on the Toolbar and customize the Share button by selecting the appropriate option.

For more information about the release, please refer to the Release Notes and the New Feature Summary web links.

Hope this helps in addressing the reported issue. We look forward to the continued feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to be funny - or do you simply enjoy being obtuse?

Your link goes to a page that "shows how to use" these unwanted "features".  There is no mention on how to remove these form the toolbar.

This is not a hard sentence to understand - so stop pretending that it is.

We want the option to REMOVE the following impositions from the toolbar:

• "share" button
  • "feedback" button
  • "Notifications" button
  • "Learn Adobe Acrobat"
  • "Profile and Settings"

If we were unsure on how to "use them" (in the advent that someone did want to - although look at all the posts in this thread) they can be accessed easily enough under the menus (or placed in the toolbar via the "preferences" option -under MacOs and whatever windows uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

This does not solve the problem.  It avoids the issue and pretends the problem is not there.

The problem is that the "share", "Feedback", "Learn Adobe", "Notifications" and "Profile and settings" buttons cannot be removed or hidden.

This is not hard to understand:

(Cambridge Dictionary)

(Collins dictionary)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I SHARE your frustration. Unfortunately there is one feature in Acrobat my new replacement app can not match. Though after talking with them they assured me they are working on the issue. So for now I was forced back to paying $15 a month for an app I use once or twice every 30 days.

I now see that this is a lost cause. The design member or team who came up with this (aside from being foolish and self righteous) obviously dug in to maintain the bug. Er, feature. Despite hundreds of lengthy posts on Reddit, discuss, talk-back, etc. All undeniably against this.

When microsoft did this with the ribbon they boosted an I independent  company, extend office, to one of the largest publishers of office extensions with their toolbar addin.

be interesting to see if the same idea comes to acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found this hidden setting to remove the share button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a couple days of brute forcing my registry by adding all the seemingly plausible modifications that could remove the share button based on Adobe's provided index, I was able to remove the share, feedback, and other buttons on the most recent update, as of today (2020.013.20074):

Brenna5C53_0-1612781389300.png

I will attach my .reg file along with this post (in .txt format). I am certain that there are some excess modifications within the .reg file that doesn't really do anything, but, I don't want to spend any more time fixing an annoying problem that Adobe could have easily fixed years ago, if they had actually listened to their customers. Maybe they should try reading the book I'ved attached in my example to better understand the frustration we've been feeling. Reading it could maybe help them realize that if they continue to ruin the customer experience, they're not going to keep getting more customers, regardless of how much cloud advertisements they try to shove down everyone's throat.

I don't know...this is just my hunch, of course.

Lastly, if someone could filter-out the ineffective .reg-modifications on my file, and post a more concise .reg file, you would be a wonderful person.

Warm regards,

Brenna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This was fixed by the engineers in December 2018 after feedback from users. Right-click the toolbar and choose "Hide Share Button Label". The first screen shot shows the Share button. In the second, it is gone.

If you don't see it, then update Acrobat DC from the Help menu.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are mistaken.

Doing this does not remove teh "sharte button" it simply changes it from a big blue button to a grey one.

Even if it did - the toolbar is still polluted with the "feedback", Learn Adobe", Notifications" and "profile /settings" buttons.

All of these should be customisable - that is removable from the toolbar (they can still be in the menus for anyone who uses them).

It wastes space (for all the tools that are far more frequently used) as well as confused any client of mine who is completing a (fillable) form (In Reader).

This is basic programming - interface shoudl be for the user - not the self-important twat who assumes that everone only does what he does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please explain the issue you have with : Feedback, Help, Notification and Profile icons in top bar? Since they are in top bar, they do not take up any space from your toolbars neither are obstructing any workflows. For Share button, switching off the label makes it occupy a small space in toolbar. Hope that works. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  Thanks for replying.

If they these "buttons" are not wanted - it should be possible to "hide" or "remove" them.

Additionally - any tools I might wish to put into the toolbar (that I actually use) are not displayed (and are put into a "dropbox" or "listbox" ) because I cannot use the space that these buttons occupy.  This means that I constantly use the menu options for features that I regularly use. 

They are - directly in the quick tools toolbar, I'm not sure why you claim they are not.  Please note that if I say they are in the way - and disrupt my workflow - then that is what happens.  Do not presume to "correct me", it is plain rude.

I do not want these buttons in the toolbars.  If I NEED the functionality I can always access the menu options.

Likewise - if what I do requires quick access to these features it would be nice to put them there again - but for what I use Adobe for:

• I have no use for the "share button" - whether it is large and blue - or normal-sized and grey.
  • I have no use for the "notifications button"
  • I have no use for the "help button"
  • I have no need of the "feedback button"
  • I have no use for the "settings/profile  button"

Therefore they are simply (by definition) IN THE WAY.  It doesn't matter if you think that the gray button is smaller that the blue one.  The fact is there are 5 buttons using up part of the toolabr that I'd much prefer they did not.

Additionally, when I send a form for my client to complete - they are confused as to it return - it has caused problems.  It has caused me to spend unnecessary time and effort in order to retrieve their completed forms in a manner that I can use (that I pay for).

I'm not insisting that these options be removed form the software - just that they can be removed from the toolbar - so that I (and it appears many others) can use the software that we pay for.  I pay for adobe in an effort to save time, to make things easier both for myself and for my clients.

From the looks of things - it appears that there many many who are of the same opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For that matter - it would be great if I could remove (or "hide" the "HOME" and the "TOOLS" options in the toolbar.

It strikes me that you may not know what I mean by "toolbar".  It is the "ribbon" that at the very left has the work "HOME" and then at the very right it has the "Profile and Settings" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem with the "share" feature is we don't want it to pop up when we use the "email" button. We just want a new email to popup with file attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just wanted to add that if you wish to remove the blue "Share" button see the images below:

remove share buton-registry.png

Be advised that some registry keys are not lockable and you may want to do a more extensive  research on which registry keys will allow a permanent change if messing with the registry is fine with you.

OR

show hide share button.png

As to answer how can you remove/customize/personalize the "HOME VIEW"  and the "TOOLS CENTER" tabs from the main Adobe Acrobat workspace or interface (to include the other items)?

No,  there is no way to do that at this time... You may, however, petition here in this forum that the development teams consider your request so that they can implement it in a future release. So your feedback is gold.

I found the following links to be highly useful and educational to me and I wish to share them here for the benefit of other members in this community that may have a similar inquiry:

Is it possible to hide the "Menu" & "Tools" bar permanently in Acrobat?

Adobe Acrobat Workspace basics in Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know… I did eventually come back to Acrobat. I simply have no better solution for processing cropping needs in large files. 
The fact that somewhere along the way the popups died makes it tolerable. 
There’s still something to be said here. Acrobat has one feature it can do better than most other PDF programs. Cropping. 
The OCR is woefully behind the industry whole. 
Page layout and arrangement was never a priority for PDF. Conversion/output options are limited. Input options are non-existent for todays market. 
Aechiving operations like web and html to pdf is a joke. 
Batch processing spends more time “checking security” than actually processing. 
Inputting anything complicated failed. 

If I didn’t know better I’d think Adobe was trying to kill off Acrobat. And found out enough lazy businesses would stick with it as long as it still worked on the oldest LTS version of windows and keep paying no matter what. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines