Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable the flashing popup at bottom right

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have recently installed Acrobat Reader on my Mac OS Big Sur. When scrolling in a document, regularly, an annoying black window pops up at the bottom right, and disappears in a fraction of a second:

This is very annoying, because it interrupts scrolling, but more importantly, it breaks my focus when I am reading.

By pausing the video, you can see that the window says "Searching 4 of 16", with a progress bar. The document has 16 pages: it's as if Acrobat Reader is looking for something in the document.

How can I disable this?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does it happen with every document you open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Interestingly, no. It really depends on the document, although I couldn't really tell for what documents it does it or not. It happens for documents of different sources (for example, a PDF book or an article), and does not happen for another book or article.

Also, when it does happen, the overall scrolling in the document is a bit laggy and unsmooth.

But I wouldn't mind disabling that feature altogether, if we can't figure out what in the PDF causes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines