• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disabling Digital ID

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I got a pop - up saying something like digital id update, or something. I clicked update, but didn't know that it would cause all my documents to have to use digital id only. Even when I use the fill and sign option, my signature image just fades into the signature box that requires the digital id. I no longer want to use digital id, but instead go back to using an image for my signature without the box being blue. I have even uninstalled Acrobat Reader DC and a digital id is still required! My only other option is to print the documents and sign them manually, which defeats the purpose of this application. I am using the most current version of this application and I have a Windows 10 laptop. Is there a way to disable digital id?

By the way: I have searched many forums on here and haven't found a solution. All of them are saying to delete the digital id, but a. I haven't made one and b. I want the whole feature gone of this application. Please help!

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vickiesg,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you want to disable the digital ID in Reader, is that correct?

Try signing the pdf using fill and sign option as given in the following link and check if that helps:

Using Acrobat Reader DC Fill & Sign

Also, you would require to sign the pdf using your digital id if you are trying to sign a pdf which has digital signature field on it.

You can also use the image of your signature by changing the appearance for the digital ID using the steps given in this link:

Custom Signature Appearances — Digital Signatures Guide for IT

You may also refer to the following forum thread for more info:

How to reconfigure "fill and sign" and "place signature" with my cursive signature?

Let us know if you have a further query.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vickiesg,

Did you find a solution? None of Shivam's solutions apply for me, and I have exactly the same problem.

WHY ON EARTH would Acrobat post a pop-up seemingly so innocuous that delivers such egregious attention and submission without a simple reversal?

As you might guess, I'm up against time constraints, can no longer apply the image I have so successfully used in the past, and am beyond frustrated, so I'm hoping you had some success you can share.

Cheers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!   Is there a resolution to this?    I do not know how the digital signature suddenly "appeared", but I do not want to use it.   I need to go back to the signature that looks like my signature!!   I've been searching around with no results.   When I select (in Acrobat) Preferences / Signatures, I am unable to make any changes.   As the previous posters mentioned, I could print out my document, sign it, scan it back in, etc., but that defeats the purpose of the tool!   And it makes a tasks that should take less than 30 seconts, now take 3-5 mins (printer warming up, load with paper, etc).    Please help!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need a solution to this. I just happened to me today! I'm furious with Adobe right now!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find the solution? This happened to me today and I am very irritated now. Please someone help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried the suggestions from Adobe and they didn't work for me. However, I figured out a work around in Preview (on my MacBook Pro - I don't know if there's a similar program in Windows).

Here's what to do:

In Preview, open up the document you want to sign.

Go to Tools > Annotate > Signature

If you already have a signature saved in Preview, you'll see it there. Click on it.

If you don't have a signature saved in Preview, you'll be prompted to create one either by signing on your trackpad or signing a piece of white paper and photographing it through your device's camera. Once you've saved your new signature, click on it.

Clicking on your signature adds it in a resizable, movable box.

Drag your signature to the line where you need it to appear and resize it as needed.

Save your document. Your signature is now a permanent part of your document. (Note that once you save your document, you won't be able to edit your signature in any way. It basically seems to be the equivalent of flattening layers in Photoshop and then saving the flattened file.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines