Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing Square Comment tool.

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disappearing square.PNG

 I have a user that regularly uses Adobe Acrobat DC, and he's got a persistent issue (now on 2 computers) with this square comment tool disappearing, the actual tool turns invisible when you mouse over it, then when you select it, your cursor disappears, and any squares you make turn invisible after being created. 

I've logged into this computer on my account, and haven't had the same issues- so I assume that it's local to the profile. 

Troubleshooting performed: 

Uninstalled/reinstalled Adobe DC
Perforned a repair installation
Uninstalled, deleted all local (C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Adobe and C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe) adobe files, then reinstalled. 
I've reset the tool bar a dozen times. 

I'm running out of ideas. The tool even disappears when creating a custom comment toolbar, and mousing over the square tool in there. 

Any ideas? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bailey,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the square comment tool is disappearing.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.01.20142 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

If it still doesn't work, Please try to repair the installation (Windows Only) and see if that work. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. 20.13.20074.411690

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the information. Please try the steps shared above and see if that helps.

Let us know if experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines