• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discard cropped areas of page

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DC Pro X1 seems to have the same crop bug all versions have - when you crop a page it does not remove the areas you have cut it just hides them. When I upload the cropped page to my page-turner reader everything I cropped reappears. How do I get rid of them completely?

(PS I have read other earlier forums that say 'buy some special software to do it' or 'make tiffs then make PDfs again' Surely by now Adobe have put something in place... if not why not?)  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way would be to place the PDF into InDesign and export to a new PDF (without crop marks or bleed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

after you do the crop:

Tools > protect > remove hidden information

This removes the information but for some reason increases the file size by 2x or 3x.

file > reduce file size

This removes 80-90% of the size, probably by recognizing that the "remove hidden information" left a lot of stuff that could be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines