• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distiller Crashing - MAC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

90% of the time it crashes My computer is updated to the most current CC version, the problem started with the previous CC update. Has anyone had this problem also?

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 2.41.31 PM.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Today, Adobe release an update to Acrobat 2015, Acrobat 2017, and Acrobat DC in which the bug in the previous update is fixed. Let Acrobat update itself and the problem should be resolved.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stefw19067,

As mentioned, Acrobat distiller is crashing on your mac machine, could you try clearing cache for your user account as suggested on the following forum thread and check if that helps: Distiller crashes immediately with "Error Couldn't start up Distiller"

Also, the issue may be related to the fonts as discussed in the following forum thread ( see post#13,14)

distiller stopped working

Also, could you confirm Acrobat version and Mac OS version you are using on the machine? To check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Could you share the steps you are taking causing distiller to show the message mentioned above?

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are having the same sort of issue here.

As a final QC check we save our PDFs to .ps (Postscript) and distill them using the Press Ready settings. This has worked faultlessly for many years. Last week, we had one file that kept crashing Distiller and in the end I had to create many .ps files, distill them and reassemble them in Acrobat, before sending to the printer.

Today, we have another file crashing Distiller.

I think it is is something to do with the latest version of Distiller (19.010.20091), as we were able to distill two other similar files last week - before the update - without any issues.

I have tried the above suggestions (clearing cach file and checking fonts). I have also tried restarting my Mac in Safe Mode and restarting. Nothing has worked.

My colleague has the same Mac set up as I and we are both experiencing the same issues:

MacBook Pro 15 inch (2017)

Mac OS X 10.13.6

2.8GHz Core i7

16GB memory

Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Thanks

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I called Adobe support this morning and they suggested that I uninstall and reinstall Acrobat.

It has not fixed the issue, unfortunately.

Any other help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issue with distiller crashing. Worked perfectly until update.

Using Mac High Sierra, Acrobat Pro, Quark 2016 with distiller. PS files which used to process without issue, now crash.

Have cleaned font caches, checked fonts and reinstalled Acrobat, still the crashes when process PS files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent 2 hours on a call with Adobe Support on Friday, uninstalling and reinstalling various versions. We found that going back to the base version (Adobe Creative Cloud ), then updating to the Jan 2019 version (1901020069 Adobe - Acrobat : For Macintosh ) seemed to cure the problem. However, since then my version seems to have dated itself to the currently and problematic version (19.10.20098). I'm not sure how, as they turned off automatic updates from the Acrobat preferences.

Adobe have acknowledged that there is a bug (ADC-4267798), so, hopefully, it will be fixed in a forthcoming update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That'll explain why the problem is both intermittent and across all the machines that received the update, hopefully there's a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The team is aware of this issue and currently working on the fix.

We do appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Meenakshi

Do you know when the fix is likely to be released. This issue is having a big impact on our work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto, a fix soon would be helpful. We've managed to mitigate some of the impact by using distiller bundled with the much older Adobe Pro 9, this works as it it should, but it is a massive step backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have sent you an email with the fix patch for this issue.

Please check your inbox and install the patch provided in that email.

Let us know if you experience any issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Meenakshi,

fix patch mail please crashing distiller

help me

thanks

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mesutö,

I have sent you an email. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi

The fix patch has worked on both PC’s here.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know it worked.

Thank you for the confirmation.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi

The fix patch has worked on both Macs here.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as the others when running PS files through the distiller.  Can I have the patch emailed to me as well please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send the patch asap to [details removed by moderator]

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to try this patch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update to Acrobat 2015, Acrobat 2017, and Acrobat DC was released today which fixes this problem. Let Acrobat update itself and the problem should be resolved.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue when running multiple PS files through the distiller.  Can I have the patch emailed to me as well please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikkig, and Vivm,

I did send you a private message with the details.

Hope you have checked your inbox.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi

I did receive your email and have downloaded the installer – but to be honest, although it certainly looks legit, it seemed too good to be true so I’ve been wary of installing it!

Kind regards

--

Viv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is there a similar patch for Windows Acrobat DC 2019 too?

We have similar issue with both patches 19.010.20091 and 19.10.20098 for some EPS files that are distilled with the older version without issue.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have sent you a private message.

Please check your inbox and refer to the steps provided there

Let us know if you experience any issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines