Highlighted

Distiller Crashing on Adding a File

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just downloaded CC and currently using the trial version.

On creating a .ps file through Quark 2016 and putting it into Distiller it crashes. We will be moving over to InDesign but this will take some time and in the meantime it is very important that we can distill files.

I am using Mojave 10.14.6.

Many thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Distiller Crashing on Adding a File

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just downloaded CC and currently using the trial version.

On creating a .ps file through Quark 2016 and putting it into Distiller it crashes. We will be moving over to InDesign but this will take some time and in the meantime it is very important that we can distill files.

I am using Mojave 10.14.6.

Many thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening with every file or just the current file that you're talking about?

In any case, I would say to verify if the file that is causing Acrodist to crash is password protected and enforcing any type of editing restriction(s).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every file.  I just tested by creating a .ps file with just a blank canvas with a coloured box on it and it still crashed.

It is coming up with the attached warning but I just click 'Ok'. I don't believe there is any restrictions on the files as on an old version of distiller I had been distilling all the files no problem.

Thanks

Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 14.26.11.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have  a computer accessible to you  with the full deaktop version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC so you can test with and rule out if this is a limitation of the trial version?

However, after reading some guidelines in  the Quark Express user guide this looks like a a preference settings needs to be enabled or disabled.

Check if  the preference for distilling directly with Quark is enabled and change to "Create PostScript File for Later Distilling" (or vice versa).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No sadly I don't have access to a computer with it already.

I have always had the preference for "Create PostScript File for Later Distilling" checked in Quark.  So I don't think it has changed, so don't think it is that.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

Please look a the guidelines for creating the postscript files as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/creating-pdfs-acrobat-distiller.html#guidelines_for_creatin... and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

That is for creating .ps files in Adobe? I need to create them into Quark, until I move over to InDesign.  So I am not sure if the link is valid for my problem?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've mentioned that you downloaded CC.

We assume that by "CC" you meant that you installed Adobe Creative Cloud in the computer that you're using Quark.

That said, it is implied that you also installed the 7-day trial version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

If you don't have Acrobat Pro at all l I'm afraid that you need to get support from QuarkExpress support directly.

And saying that you will move to InDesign later also is not related at all with the Acrobat support forum.

If you suspect the issue started manifesting after you installed the trial version then simply uninstall it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
ZBalling LATEST
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it crash in windows? You can install Windows 10 on Apple Macbook, it is officially supported, you know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 1