• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distiller is shutting down my PC

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several times to distil a post script file to a PDF.  The distiller gets to about 20% and then my PC shuts down. 

Please help.

Dale

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat Distiller runs as an application program. There is nothing that it does or can do to literally “shutdown” your computer or for that matter to cause it to reboot.

My best guess is that there is some Windows driver problem or even a hardware problem that is triggered by the system resources used by Distiller. This could include RAM failures or disk drive failures. My recommendation is to run full system diagnostics on your computer and to make sure the operating system (I assume Windows here) is fully updated.

In future postings, it would be most helpful if you provided information as to exactly what operating system version and Acrobat version you are running.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines