%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Does anyone know a fix for this?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

It is a PostScript error due to improper PostScript being generated by some application or driver.

If I was a betting person, which I am not, I would guess that you were trying to print to Adobe PDF from within either the Chrome or the latest version of the Edge browser (which is now based on Chromium). It is a known bug that supposedly is being fixed by the Chromium open source browser project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a PostScript error due to improper PostScript being generated by some application or driver.

If I was a betting person, which I am not, I would guess that you were trying to print to Adobe PDF from within either the Chrome or the latest version of the Edge browser (which is now based on Chromium). It is a known bug that supposedly is being fixed by the Chromium open source browser project.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm Dov's response today.  From Edge, I tried to print things from the Internet, including an email in gmail using the gmail print icon.  The result was this same error (above) and no PDF output. 

Taking Dov's hint, I logged in via Firefox, went to gmail, and printing the email to PDF went perfectly.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines