• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DLL Error When Searching in Acrobat DC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a new Windows 10 laptop and installed Creative Cloud. When I try to use the Find command in Acrobat, I get the following error:

"C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f"

I've done everything that's been suggested in both Microsoft and Adobe forums, including:

* Replacing the DLL in question manually

* Uninstalling all versions of Visual C++ in Windows, restarting the computer, and reinstalling the Visual C++ 2013 and 2015-2019 redistributables

I don't even know if this is a Microsoft or Adobe problem, but I do know I pay a lot of money for Creative Cloud and would appreciate it if the software worked. 🙂

Can someone help?

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Hi MarkARayKY,

Apologies for the trouble caused, as you are getting the error "C:\\Windows\system32\MSVCR110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows" while using Adobe Acrobat DC.

This error appears when you want to run a software which requires the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012. The redistributable can be easily downloaded on the Microsoft website as x86 or x64 edition. Depending on the software you want to install, you need to install either the 32 bit or the 64-bit version.

Ple

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your exact version of Acrobat? Look under Help - About Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2019.012.20035.

Thanks,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MarkARayKY,

Apologies for the trouble caused, as you are getting the error "C:\\Windows\system32\MSVCR110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows" while using Adobe Acrobat DC.

This error appears when you want to run a software which requires the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012. The redistributable can be easily downloaded on the Microsoft website as x86 or x64 edition. Depending on the software you want to install, you need to install either the 32 bit or the 64-bit version.

Please install all the optional and necessary updates for the operating system.

For more information, you may please refer to the help articles in the links below :

I hope this will work for you, let us know the results.

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That did the trick!

I got the same error as before when I installed the x64 version, but when I also installed the x86 version the error went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines