• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do not print certain pages (of a spread) in Adobe Reader

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of necessity, I had to add an additional page and create a double-spread in InDesign. It was because it was not possible to show those (pop-menu) buttons on top of the existing buttons (of original page), as Adobe Reader doesn't differentiate overlapping layers automatically and one has to go and manually check/uncheck the layers, which my client didn't want.

Since I had to add additional page just to show buttons (pop-up menu) and those buttons are non-printing anyway, it looks bit odd having additional blank page along side the original page, when printed. So I was wondering if there is a way to not print certain page of certain spreads.

Please note, it is not just a two page document, there are 100 pages and more than 80 of them had to be added an additonal page, just to show a pop-up menu.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you provide a sample of what you are trying to do, it seems excessive to have to add a extra page just to show a pop-up menu, maybe there is another solution that we can work out.

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check attached files. Pop-up menu when appearing over existing buttons do not work properly in Adobe Reader, as it does in EPUB. That's why i had to add additional page just to show pop-up buttons.

Please check pdf to see how does it look like when pop-up buttons appear on top of main buttons.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page itself does not have a "printable" property, but you can add a button to print the file where you specify which pages to include in the print range. The user will always be able to change it, though, and it will not work if they manually go to File - Print.

Doing it requires a script, such as this one:

var pp = this.getPrintParams();
pp.printRange = [[1, 99], [101, this.numPages-1]];
this.print(pp);

The code above will open a Print dialog with all the ranges 2-100 and 102-(last page number) already entered into it.

Note the page numbers are zero-based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

So this code has to be added in Adobe Acrobat as an action to some button, right?

Putting page range here would be one time thing, as I being creator already know which pages were put as necessity and are therefore to be prevented from printing. I just need more clarification on how to use this code.

Thank you once again.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can use it as the Mouse Up event of a button that you add to your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines