• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document Action

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to save my document as current date/Text Form Field1/Text Form Field 2 once it has been signed?  Either by javasript, document action or something?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

I think it is possible with JavaScript but it is not a trivial task.

There is a tutorial on that by ACP Thom Parker floating around in these forums.

Even though Acrobat JavaScript provide a device independent path to save a file to a temporary generic location, the main issue is the operating system in use at the time of signing the file. Like for example, if it is  MS Windows or macOS on the users' end.

And  depending on the directory structure for their different build versions,  the use

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is possible with JavaScript but it is not a trivial task.

There is a tutorial on that by ACP Thom Parker floating around in these forums.

Even though Acrobat JavaScript provide a device independent path to save a file to a temporary generic location, the main issue is the operating system in use at the time of signing the file. Like for example, if it is  MS Windows or macOS on the users' end.

And  depending on the directory structure for their different build versions,  the user folder paths may pose some challenges during the saving of the file if you hard code a directory path in a script. That is just the tip of the iceberg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't quite understand the question but maybe you could use this new Acrobat feature to achieve your goals:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/adding-bates-number-to-existing-file-names/td-p/11421690

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Bates numbering have to be done manually? I was needing something that would automatically pull like maybe Javascript or Document action.

I have a PDF and when the file has been digitally signed I need it to save with CURRENTDATE/SOP No/Version No

The SOP No and Version No are in my document as text form fields

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are ACP Thom Parker's tutorials that I was referring about: 

The links above are not related with Bates Numbering, but since you asked on how to save this file using the text string values of a couple of text field objects,  I am posting this info to reference what I said in my first answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines