• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document Cloud text editing makes changes VERY unclear

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a client that posts edits to pdfs to the document cloud. The way these edits are displayed makes it exceedingly diffcult to decipher.

For a start a large icon (which gets bigger when selected) is plonked on top of text that obscures what is underneath, this icon is not movable to allow viewing of the content beneath it, nor does it indicate clearly which edit within a sentence it refers to.

When the edit is done there is no way to mark it as completed, the only option in the elipsis dropdown at top right is 'Mark as unread'? Why?

It is an awful user experience!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As you are adding comments on Document Cloud, could you please confirm if you sign in to the account or adding the comments as a guest?

When adding comments online of the shared PDF, you do get a "Done" button at the top right of the comment column.

Please let us know how exactly you open the document to add comments. It would be helpful if you can share the screenshot of the complete window for better understanding. 

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Meenakshi, thanks for the response.

I don’t add the comments, my client is adding the comments and then sends me the link to the cloud document.
To be honest the ability to mark a comment as done is the least of the issues.
The glaring problem is the lack of clarity with added comments or changes. The icons are unable to be moved so they block the content beneath. If several icons are grouped close together and one is clicked on it is not clear which area of the content below is being referred to - by contrast pdfs edited on Dropbox show a highlighted path from the comment to the area of text that has the change, it makes it clear where the edit needs to be made. It also allows the icon to be moved out of the way so you can see the content below.

regards

Nathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines