• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document could not be saved an unexpected network error occurred

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have Adobe Acrobat files on our network drives and very frequently we are getting errors when editing or even just viewing them. The pages will go blank and if we try to save the file, an error is thrown - the document could not be saved an unexpected network error occurred.

This is occurring in Acrobat Pro 2017 version 2017.011.3071 and Acrobat Pro DC version 2020.009.20076

Any idea why this is happening? I've turned off enhanced security and it still continues to occur.   I've searched the community and various websites and have not found an answer to this issue.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Followed the suggested help posted, did not work. Adobe, please respond... it's been 3 years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I have the same problem. I am creating a fillable pdf, I go to save as a Reader Extended PDF - Enable More Tools and the same message comes up. Have you got to the bottom of it yet?

I am seriously about to send the form to Adobe so they can make the form for me instead of me sending them an invoice for the amount of time I have wasted trying to get this form sorted.

Problems:

1. When trying to save form the error message comes up 

Adobe Issue 1.JPG

2. Then I can't save any copy of the form that I have just created. It looses some of the images that are on the form. I close the doc and click "Save" and it won't close the program down.

3. In not one of the community forums is there any answer to this issue. 

I am using Acrobat Pro DC 2020.009.20074

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. We just migrated our servers to AWS. Also upgraded to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2020.009.20074

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same problem. I'm surprised Adobe hasn't done anything to fix it yet. I'm using Adobe Acrobat Standard DC and am trying to create a fillable form. At some point in the process of creating it, my pictures and some of my text starts disappearing and I get this error when I try to save:

Adobe error.PNG

 I'm wasting a lot of time with this. I hope Adobe gets this figured out soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue since june 2020. Dear Adobe instructors please solve it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I am experianing the same issue and wondering of anyone had heard anythign from Adobe or a solution that I could try.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a fix for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to the toolbar on the top of the screen, and select:

Edit > Preferences > Documents (in the left pane) > Save Settings (on the main screen) > and check off the box "Save as optimizes for Fast Web View" for some specific PDF documents you may be working on.   It has worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this fix!  I unchcheked box whilst the unsaved document was open, and the change allowed it to save.  

I lost work multiple times, a document I'd been saving all  along suddenly would throw up the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work.  It was already set to that  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet. Fixes below did not help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just killing our tax team at the start of a very busy season.  PDFs constantly going blank - work lost - billable time doubled.  Please advise on a fix Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, a day of work gone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue....3 years later. Can't find a solution to this error anywhere online. I've spent hours preparing a form which now can't be saved. Anyone from Adobe care to respond? The suggested fix on this thread did not work for me.

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2023.001.20143 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed the suggested help posted, did not work. Adobe, please respond... it's been 3 years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just now experiencing this issue.. Very frustrating. Adobe, could you let us know what causes this at the very lease?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue, dissappointed to learn there is no fix or even a response. I can't wait for the state to integrate these forms into their portals, so I don't have to mess with this crap. It's astounding Adobe still can't figure out how to make a pdf that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines