Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document could not be saved.

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have a client that uses adobe Acrobat Reader DC on a terminal server. They have a form file that they fill in with patient information through out the day (also contains different indivudual's signatures).

Once they fill out the form and try to save it on a mapped drive location (where the orginal form was located), sparadically they will meet a error "The doucment could not be saved. An unexpected network error occured". This issue comes and goes and cannot be explained. If they try saving the file again they will either 1. Save or 2. Same error comes up.

I have attached the mapped drive location under security, turned off protected mode, and I even created a GPO to enforce protected mode off, but the problem is still persisting.

Any suggestions? Attached is the error.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you are getting the error 'The doucment could not be saved. An unexpected network error occured' when using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on network terminal.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20074 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

As you have already tried attaching the mapped drive location under security, turned off protected mode, and I even created a GPO to enforce protected mode off without any success.

Please try to turn off the protected mode at startup. Go to Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup' > Reboot the application and check if that makes any difference.

Also, please try to update the GPO setting that maps out the network drive from Replace to Update and see if that works for you.

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello.

I have verified the following.

1. 20.009.20074 is installed

2. Verified that the mapped drive is setup with Update

3. The following Adobe settings under Security (enhanced): Sandbox Protections: Enabled Protected Mode is unchecked (this setting is showing grey and I am unable to select anything else). Run in App Container is checked (showing grey, unable to change). Protected view is set to off. Enhanced Security is enabled. I have added a folder path under privileged location (the mapped drive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines