Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document looks blurry after redacting

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC ver 2018.011.20038 and when we redact a document, the text becomes blurry for some reason. I've already tried reinstalling Acrobat but that didn't help.

I've looked through all the options in preferences but didn't see anything wrong.

Has anyone ever come across this issue?

Thank you

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

You are going to kick yourself when you see what is happening...All you have to do is redact as usual and deselect the "Sanitize and remove hidden information" button before moving forward. The redaction works and doesn't blur anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone ever come across this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Do you have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer recently was reimaged by our IT Department.  The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC was installed.  Now I am having the problem after doing a redaction.  Also, I've created a form in which the non-field areas make the capital i's and lower case L's look odd (almost Bold).  Not sure what's happened. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Behzadt,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please install the latest patch/update of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference.

Reset the Acrobat's preferences once and reboot the machine, to reset the preferences, please refer to the steps mentioned in the article How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Is it specific to one PDF or with all the PDF files? Have you tried redacting any other PDF file and check if this issue is reproducible?

If it is specific to one PDF file, Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can test it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Is it a Mac or Windows machine?

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact issue is happening to me as well.  I have a subscription based version of Adobe Pro DC and have the most up to date software.  The pages of the PDF that contain a redaction are changing from text to an image and the document becomes blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me. It is now October 2021 and the issue persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer was recently reimaged by our IT Department.  I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on my computer.  Ever since the reinstall, the same issue is happening when I redact.  Also, when creating a form, non field areas are changing the upper case i's and lower case L's changed.  They almost look like they are now set to Bold.  I deal with medical records so I am not permitted to share a file example.  February 2, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are going to kick yourself when you see what is happening...All you have to do is redact as usual and deselect the "Sanitize and remove hidden information" button before moving forward. The redaction works and doesn't blur anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saint

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't Saints have to be dead at least 5 years?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing a bit of  time travel can't fix. 
Sorry mate, you'll be remembered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking the Sanitize box fixed it for me. Thanks tons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legend!!!!!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, but I can't see anything in the information saying that it will lower image quality when you sanitize. It seems to run something like the Optimize PDF tool after redacting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem after redacting.JPG

I am having this issue.  I am redacted scanned documents.  I first converted the documents into one PDF and then I saved and tried to redact.  This is what it looks like now.  Almost all of the pages are doing this.  I already checked for updates but my verison is caught up.  What do I need to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you deselect the "Sanitize and remove hidden information" as suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did finally do that and it worked.  I didn't see where it was "suggested" though.  Are you talking about the pop up window when I am redacting or this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the March 24, 2022 post on this thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fix PDF Text Font Blurry Problem

https://youtu.be/aZFg_A3nRHU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines