• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document properties > Page layout> two up continuous (facing) not working!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed all the latest updates from Adobe Creative Cloud.

One of the main features I use in Acrobat Pro is the:
Document properties > Page layout > Two-up continuous (Facing).

Occassionaly I also need to activate the Bookmark Panel and Page option in the Navigation Tab - this isn't working either.

These basic functions are no longer working since i updated to the latest versions.

Can this bug please be addressed as this is somehting that I actaully require when presenting documents.

Yes, I've restarted computer, quit and reopened the software, it's not working.
These needs to fixed asap pelase, it will effect my work.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this may seem like a strange question... but are you sure that Acrobat Pro DC was launched, and not Reader?  It is a common occurrance for one to look for a feature, and not find it, and later realize that Reader somehow was changed to the default PDF program.  It has happened to me.  And the two programs can look awefully similar.  If this is not the case, we can examine further.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a strange question at all Dave. Always worth double checking those things,
but yes, it's definitely Acrobat Pro. I've not installed the reader.
I've gone a bit further  since creating the thread and un-installed the app and
then reinstalled it. Still nothing. Zippo. Won't change formats. 

This small function is imporatnt to me. I design a number of accessabilty documents
that require the 'Page and Bookmarks Panel' to be active also. 
It's quite a set back for me. 

FYI, i'm running mac0S High Sierra vrs 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to get a 2-up display by choosing it from View > Show/hide once the document is open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it’s the View menu but not Show/hide. Not in front of computer right now....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, finally... View > Page Display. Does that change the view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my late reply. The View > Page Display works, yes.

But that's not my issue. Once the PDF is closed and then re-opend,
the defualt view is in place. I need the defuatl view to be Two Continous (facing) 

and 'Bookmark Panel + Page'.

That's not working. It might be something that needs to be addressed in (hopefully thenext update).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case...

One must save a PDF after adjusting the Initial View in Doc Properties.  If not, the changes will not be there the next time that file is opened.  I'm just trying to eliminate any variables to help you with your issue.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat Pro Dc version 2020.013

I was not getting any indication the settings in properties was working. I had to save as, and re-open the new PDF to see the changes to the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Useing the "View/Display" menu only changes how YOU are VIEWING the PDF that you have open. But this does not change the way it is viewed next time or by someone else.

If you want to embed the way the document is VIEWED, use the PDF's "File" >>"Properties" menu. From there, you can select the "Initial View" and embed the desired view format into the file.

See attached image.

Mary Helen Shuff | Art Director & Senior Graphic Designer | 508-Compliancy Coordinator | Forms Coordinator | Printing Liaison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as others. I have chosen "Two-up Cover Page" in the Document Properties. With the latest version of Acrobat it does not work, it is seen as single pages. Opening in an older version the file displays correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

In addition to the settings in the Document Properties, make sure you have the "view" menu bar (which users can use to choose a different view from the one you set in the Document Properties) is also set to TWO PAGE VIEW. Use the TOP tool bar "View" drop-down menu, like this:

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 12.38.47 PM.png

Mary Helen Shuff | Art Director & Senior Graphic Designer | 508-Compliancy Coordinator | Forms Coordinator | Printing Liaison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary Helen,

Yes, I can do that, but I want the client to be able to view the document with having to give them instructions on how to see the two page view. My main point is Acrobat has always had this before the latest version.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

I believe that if you have both settings set to "two page" view (both from the drop-down and from the Document Properties, it will view that way for the client UNLESS they CHANGED their Acrobat's view drop-down to a different view. If they have a different choice set, you cannot control or prevent this. However, if they end user set their Acrobat to view in single page, they should know how to change it to two page view.

As per Adobe employee: When you change the view settings of a document and Adobe Acrobat will remember the view settings for you so that the next time you open the same document, it will open with your prefered view settings.  <<<Note to Robert: This is nothing that you can override in your PDF settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

This article may add some insight. If you go more than halfway down the page, you'll see this heading and content:

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 3.08.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to post the article URL. You can read that full article here:

https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.adobe.com%2Ft5%2Facrobat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mary Helen,

Thank you for information and help. I transferred the file I was working on to my home computer, which has the same version of Acrobat, and it opened correctly. So I tried to delete and reinstall through the Creative Cloud app. It would not allow the Uninstall to work. Next, I went to to the Applications folder > Adobe Acrobat DC > Acrobat Uninstaller. That deleted the application but when I went back to Creative Cloud it still saw Acrobat, so it wouldn't allow me install. I quit CC and reopened, then it finally allowed the install. The pages now show as they should. Everything works fine now!

Thank you,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines