Document security

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document security is set on my Acrobat Pro DC, I put my password in and it does not recognize.  Is there a password automatically set?  I did not set up the password document security.  Where can i reset this password?

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no global document security for Acrobat. For any document you wish to have secured, you need to create a new one each time separately. If you received a document that's been secured and you need full (or more) access, you'll need to contact the person who created the security password for that document. There is no way for anyone to break this security. 

If you were thinking that your administrator password would work (1) nope, that's not how it works, and (2) if you were to use that as a security password and then have to supply that to others so they could have access to your documents, that's not a good way to protect your administrator's password. Just a thought.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines