• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document will only open in read-only mode

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a .pdf document from a Word document in Adobe Acrobat Professional 10.1.1. When I open the .pdf it will only open in read-only mode.  I want to change the security settings to prevent editing before I send it out but the File>Properties>Security>>Security Method is greyed out and set to "No Security."  I have tried certifying and signing the document and even placing in a secure envelope with no luck.

Help.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

In Adobe Acrobat I found a solution.  Edit>Preferences>Documents  PDF/A View Mode  I chose "Never" for View documents in PDF/A mode.  This took care of my issue.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you creating it with PDF/A mode selected on the Word PDFMaker preferences? PDF/A documents open in read-only mode even though they have no security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave. 

From MS Word, I am choosing Save as Adobe PDF.  In the Save window I reviewed the "Options..." and found PDF Options including

Convert document information  (checked)

Create PDF/A-1a:2005 compliant file  (not checked)

Enable Accessibility and Reflow with tagged Adobe PDF (checked)

Apply Security (not checked)

Create Bookmarks (checked)

Convert Comments (not checked)

I checkmarked Apply Security and attempted to save the document, however, received the following error:

PDFMaker cannot apply security when PDF/X or PDF/A compliant job option is selected.

I do not have the Create PDF/A-1a:2005 compliant file box checked so I'm not sure why I'm getting that error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Adobe Acrobat I found a solution.  Edit>Preferences>Documents  PDF/A View Mode  I chose "Never" for View documents in PDF/A mode.  This took care of my issue.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines