• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does selecting Grayscale automatically convert to PDF?

Contributor ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a PDF of black line art. The art was created using an app that only has RGB. I then put the PDF into Acrobat. and in Color Convert Tools I selected Grayscale as well as the options "Preserve black" and "promote gray to CMYK black."

Whether or not it was converting the whole document to CMYK was unclear. That second option implies it, but does it mean only "grays" or also blacks? And does the fact that the lines were black RGB mean they are  blacks that get "promoted" to CMYK, or if it is "preserving" blacks does that mean it is preserving the RGB? The wording is ambiguous. When I do the Analysis, it says four color plates, CMY and Black (so CMYK). So does that mean it converted the entire document to CMYK?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: After deselecting the two options it still shows it is CMYK. So I am wondering when the conversioin took place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines