Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double klick on PDF file, Reader opens instead of Adobe Acrobat PRO

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

we changed our system to windows 10 from 7. Two of 16 Machines don't want to open Acrobat X PRO by klicking a file to open. I know the adjustments to it, but that don't help.

Any Ideas?

THX a lot

Ivo

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Hi Ivo,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, PDFs open with Acrobat Reader and not with Acrobat X Pro when you double click on them.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Reader installed on these computers? To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat.

If Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro both are installed on the same machine (as it is in this case), the application with the latest version will become the PDF viewer by default. If you want to the PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivo,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, PDFs open with Acrobat Reader and not with Acrobat X Pro when you double click on them.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Reader installed on these computers? To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat.

If Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro both are installed on the same machine (as it is in this case), the application with the latest version will become the PDF viewer by default. If you want to the PDFs to open with Acrobat X Pro by default, you may need to remove the Acrobat Reader application from the system.

Additional Information: Acrobat X Pro is an EOL application and no longer supported. Adobe strongly recommends that you upgrade to the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. By upgrading installations to the latest versions, you benefit from the latest functional enhancements and improved security measures. For more information please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-xi-reader-xi.html

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I think this is the problem.

Adobe Acrobat is version 10.1.16

Adobe Reader is 2020.012.20048

So the admins have work to do 🙂

Greetings

Ivo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amal, I tried to uninstall Acrobat Reader DC for this reason (it kept overriding my Acrobat Pro) and when I tried to uninstall it, a box opened up that said "The following applications are using files that need to be updated by this setup.  Close these applications and click Retry to continue.  A box below that listed only Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  How do you close it?  It is not listed in my open programs bar at the bottom of my screen.  When I opened the Task Manager to force close it that way, it was not listed among the open programs there either.  How do you close a program that is hidden in every way?  I can't close it, I can't uninstall it, I absolutely detest it.  It has cost me countless wasted time at my job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines