Download e-license for Acrobat Pro 8 and 9?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Acrobat Pro 8 and 9 users recently received message saying their licenses had expired, and prompted to download an e-license.When they click on the link, it tells them to check internet connection. Help?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018
Thanks Karl. I found a solution. I uninstalled the new software last night, then reinstalled it but checked the 'never register' button during the installation this time and all went well, no requirement to download e-license.

Translate

Translate
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 and Acrobat 8 activation server is retired see reply #1 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2372929

-you MUST use the special serial number AND the special installer you download, not your originals

-above includes a link to get the special version AND links to help with activation problems

-more information on activation problems with the new version https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2385900

For version 9 the person needs to go to his/her account page to find their serial number

Go to https://accounts.adobe.com/ and click Plans & Products on the top bar

-then click VIEW YOUR PRODUCTS on the right to find a list of your programs and serial numbers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a clear solution to this problem? Without the e-license I cannot run Acrobat Pro. I had to reinstall after a Win10 update which annihilated any programs not originally part of Win10 installation. I followed all the steps advised - got new serial number, downloaded and installed Acrobat Pro then hit the wall with the failure to download e-license. Says it is an internet problem, proxy server, https etc. but it seems others have had the same problem since years ago according to the various forum threads. But is there a solution anywhere?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's Acrobat 8, there will be no e-licenses or any other kind. This does NOT go back years, just a few months to when the server was switched off.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Acrobat 8 Pro and I do get the request to download the e-license. There are threads that go back years discussing e-license problems. Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 Download E-license Issue  for example. Anyway I need a fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the same problem as described in this thread from 2014 Can't Download Acrobat Pro 8.0 E-License

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old discussions (older than a few months) are absolutely irrelevant, because only recently did Adobe turn off activation of Acrobat 8. If you had a retail product you could download replacement software and serial number. I do not know if there is any program for volume licenses like yours, or if they are just dead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did exactly that, downloaded new install files with new serial number after entering my existing details. The program will not run without the e licence, see screen grab. How many ways do i need to say the same thing before you get it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's not. It's the same symptoms but at that time the activation server still existed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arguing about servers and dates is not solving my problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto ignoring the good advice you've had. I have no more to say.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not had any advice on how to fix the e-licence request so I have nothing to ignore. I am listening. Tell me how to fix the problem - if you know. Please

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that you are not running a "normal" version of Acrobat, but volume license or a system with floating licenses? If so, that could explain what you are seeing. With a regular perpetual license, all you need to do is to download the new installer, use the new serial number and your Acrobat 8 installation should work. Something on your system is interfering with that. As you probably know, almost everybody here on the forum is a user of Adobe's technology, just like you. We don't work for Adobe, and we don't have access to their internal systems. This means that in your case, you probably will have to get in touch with Adobe directly. Did your licensing system come with a support contact? If so, use that information to get service directly from Adobe, if not then you have to use this link: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (don't use any of the "Forum" options, otherwise you will end up here again) In general, Acrobat 8 is no longer supported, but they still provide support for licensing and activation problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Karl. I found a solution. I uninstalled the new software last night, then reinstalled it but checked the 'never register' button during the installation this time and all went well, no requirement to download e-license.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As richardmac49 said, remove the old program, install the new software with the new S/N, check "never register". All set. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same issue, removed old program, installed again from disc, but does not give me the option to 'never register' and up pops the must get an e-license as trial period is over. As we know, no e-license exists. Is there another run around?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank god for that...suddenly I had lost control of my adobe 8 pro...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activate properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re  e-license for adobe 8 pro.

I had adobe acrobat 8 installed on two computers ( my Desktop and my laptop) same version installed from the same disc both running Windows 10 . both at times came up with Re-Register , no problem click "never register" goes away until text time.

Then the Desktop developed this Download e-lincese problem  and I have been unable to cure it. However the copy on  the laptop is still working perfectly. No request to download e-lincese!!  So the "e-license" must be on the Laptop somewhere, but where?  If  I could find it, could I copy it to the same place in the program on the desktop and get that one working as well??

I know about servers being swithched off, that it is an old program,, that the DC version is suposed to be better etc etc.

Any one know where the e-License is stored ???

John J

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to the e-license issue, one needs to check the nature of the license in the "AdobeConfig.xml" file in one's installed Acrobat 8 Pro. It can be found (for Windows) in C:\Program Filed (x86)\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\alm_config_files\. Next, check the <DistributionModel>. If it is "Volume"; then check <Licensee>. There are 2 possible scenarios that should work.

1.) If the installation is part of volume licnese from an organization or a company, you need to ask the administration for a solution.

2.) If you downloaded and installed the version 4-5 years ago when Adobe permitted free download without e-license. You should have a copy of APRO8_Win_ESD1_WWEFG.exe in the Documents\Adobe folder and a S/N. You need that Installer and S/N to re-install.

On the other hand, if your AdobeConfig.xml shows <DistributionMode> "Retail" and <Licensee> "Individual". The e-licensing will fail. It is not clear whether your Adobe user account will accept a S/N, even a genuine one well passed the end-of-life of Acrobat 8.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for all the info on e-license. I believe I have your option 2 i.e. I
downloaded a free version 4-5 yrs ago, which has worked Ok until I
downloaded the latest Acrobat Reader..
My install program is APRO23_Win_ESD1_WWEFG.exe and it worked when I did a
reinstall.
But I did have to tick the box marked NEVER REGISTER
I any one wants a copy and the serial number let me know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines