• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

download vs open in acrobat - auto

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

suddenly today, when I select a pdf on a website, instead of  a diaglog where to download

(and  better yet coming up with the last download folder which is so very hand when downloading

multiple files from same site,  ) the file is automatically opening in acrobat where I can save but

don't like the extra steps involved, didn't change any settings? my chrome setting is to ask where to

download, how get back to where to save instead of this new open in acrobat?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Chrome on a regular basis so not sure if this is up to date, but in the past this was the trick:

1. Click the three-dot Menu button and choose Settings.
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and expand the Advanced section.
  3. Under the Privacy and security section, you'll see an entry titled Content settings. Select this.
  4. Here, scroll until you find PDF documents and open it.
  5. You'll see an option titled Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome. Toggle this on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks but the issue I posted is a different problem, I have always had the option set to download instead of open in chrome, and I also had the preference set to choose a download location, and that has worked that way probably for years, in this case they are opening in acrobat not chrome and this is a sudden new development I have not made any recent change to my chrome settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines