• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloaded Adobe Acrobat Standard 2020 and still can't view a PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I just spent $419.99 to buy the Adobe Acrobat Standard 2020 so I could download and open documents from Veterans Affairs but everytime I tried to open the download I get an error message saying that I need Adobe Reader 8 or higher. I have even tried restarting my computer. I am ready to pull my hair out!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Okay, I finally got it to work. When I download the document from the Veterans Affairs site instead of clicking on "open file", I click on the three dots beside the file name. Then I choose the "open with system viewer" option and it then opens up the document. Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you open the document in a browser or Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened it in the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the document and open it in Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can view PDF files using the free Reader. You don't need Acrobat for that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true. I had the free Adobe reader and it didn't work. I used to have the Adobe Acrobat DC Pro but I discontinued it because it was costing me $20 every month for the subscription. I had forgotten that I had installed it so I could open up the PDF documents from the Veterans Affairs website. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I finally got it to work. When I download the document from the Veterans Affairs site instead of clicking on "open file", I click on the three dots beside the file name. Then I choose the "open with system viewer" option and it then opens up the document. Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines