Highlighted

Dragging pages to Windows Explorer to create new PDF stopped working.

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Normally I've been able to use the Organise Pages view to drag pages straight to Windows Explorer to create a new PDF, which consists of the page(s) I dragged. Very handy and quicker than Extract Pages.

It just suddenly stopped working. No errors or feedback at all, it just doesn't create the new file. Others in my office are able to still use this technique so I doubt it was removed in an update or something.

Checking here to see if this is something others have struggled with and if there's a known fix. Normal troubleshooting like restarting and repairing the installation did not help.

Adobe Acrobat DC Standard - downloaded from Adobe Teams.

Topics

Create PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dragging pages to Windows Explorer to create new PDF stopped working.

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Normally I've been able to use the Organise Pages view to drag pages straight to Windows Explorer to create a new PDF, which consists of the page(s) I dragged. Very handy and quicker than Extract Pages.

It just suddenly stopped working. No errors or feedback at all, it just doesn't create the new file. Others in my office are able to still use this technique so I doubt it was removed in an update or something.

Checking here to see if this is something others have struggled with and if there's a known fix. Normal troubleshooting like restarting and repairing the installation did not help.

Adobe Acrobat DC Standard - downloaded from Adobe Teams.

Topics

Create PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, dragging pages straight to Windows Explorer to create a new PDF has stopped working.

We tried to reporoduce the issue on our end and its working fine. Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20043 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates. Reboot the computer after installating the update and check if that helps.

For the testing purposes: Please try to create the PDF by doing right click on the file (Context menu) in Windows Explorer and see if it is working. This is to check if the issue is related to the Acrobat distiller or not.

If it is the issue with Acrobat distiller and you are unable to create the file from the Windows explorer context menu please try the following steps and check if it makes any difference.

1. Close all Acrobat and Adobe related process from the task manager.
  2. Go to Control pannel > Programs > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program > and select Adobe Acroabt Std DC > Click Change and Select Repair
  3. After product repair is done > Restart the computer and check if its wrorking now.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF