• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing Markups and Automatic Cross-Referencing

New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing some mark ups on some engineering drawings and for some reason it will automatically highlight in a red rectangle a section of the pdf, at the bottom corner of this rectangle will be a blue triangle. Clicking on the red rectangle will make it automatically jump to another part of the document where a similar red rectangle will be highlighted, clicking again will take you to another automatically highlighted section and so on ad infinitum. How do I remove this? I want to edit the document behind these automatically selected references but can't because using the hand tool will automatically select the rectangle. I cannot access the pdf document behind it.

In short I want to remove this rectangle and blue triangle which automatically references another part of the document.

Screenshot (11).png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hide the comments and then you should be able to edit the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I need the comments, thats why I'm doing that markups. All I want to remove is this feature where Adobe selects a section of the PDF and then everytime you click on this section it takes you to the next page on the PDF where there is a similar name. It's like it's running an automatic cross referencing feature which I can't control. Hiding the comments defeats the purpose of me marking up the PDF in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen that behaviour before in all my years of working with PDFs. Can you share the file so I can take a look at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately these drawings are proprietary and I won't be able to share them. Would it help if I posted more pictures of this phenomenom? It's really annoying and I'd like to know how to get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does this behavior only happen on these proprietary drawings? What happens if you make a red rectangle on anoter (non proprietary) PDF? Does is still add the blue arrow and the cross reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines