Highlighted

Duplicate a page range multiple times or take a pdf a multiply it into a new pdf several times

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel there should be a simple solution to this that is already built into acrobat. With all the amazing things it can already do to manipulate a pdf file it seems strange that I cannot find a simple way to take a range of pages and duplicate them a specified number of times into the same file. Or even take a pdf and import it into a new pdf a specified number of times. Example my pdf is 10 pages (1-10) I want those same pages replicated 50 times in the same order to make a 500 pages pdf, going from page 1 to 10 and then back to page 1 thru 10 again... and so on.

Any clues would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Duplicate a page range multiple times or take a pdf a multiply it into a new pdf several times

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel there should be a simple solution to this that is already built into acrobat. With all the amazing things it can already do to manipulate a pdf file it seems strange that I cannot find a simple way to take a range of pages and duplicate them a specified number of times into the same file. Or even take a pdf and import it into a new pdf a specified number of times. Example my pdf is 10 pages (1-10) I want those same pages replicated 50 times in the same order to make a 500 pages pdf, going from page 1 to 10 and then back to page 1 thru 10 again... and so on.

Any clues would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 24, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of these things are possible using a script.

See these (paid-for) tools I've developed, exactly for this purpose:

Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Duplicate Pages of a PDF file (including Form Fields)

Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Insert One PDF File Into Another Multiple Times

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create 49 copies of the file and combine the original and the 49 copies.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously this should be an option! Why is it not? It's such a simple thing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why want you 50 copies of the same pages?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's kind of irrelevant. But if you must know, it's because my printer asked for me to do so. This is for event tickets that require sequential numbering. Rather than redoing the indesign file, I made a minor adjustment in the PDF file and wanted to duplicate it for 250 identical pages. I hate that Adobe wants us to use lame "workarounds" for things that should be a no-brainer for a developer. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all thumbnails in the Pages pane, then hit the ALT key and drag any thumbnail to duplicate all selected pages.

Repeat 6 times and then delete the excess pages.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0