Highlighted

Duplicate Form Fields with Different Formatting

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created a form that has a couple of  key fields that are repeated near the top of the page in a larger font for emphasis.  The field names are the same but one the field in the form body is formatted at Calibri 12 and the field at the top of page is Calibri 26 with a black border.

This works fine when viewing, printing or sharing via email but a problem occurs when I send the form via Fill & Sign.  When it is sent for signature the smaller field in the form body shows the Calibri 26 font...

Pictures below show how it should look and how it looks within Fill & Sign.  Thanks in advance

Capture.JPGOversize.JPG 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

And a calculation script to copy the value from the first field to the rest. Something like:

event.value = this.getField("ShipDate").valueAsString;

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Duplicate Form Fields with Different Formatting

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created a form that has a couple of  key fields that are repeated near the top of the page in a larger font for emphasis.  The field names are the same but one the field in the form body is formatted at Calibri 12 and the field at the top of page is Calibri 26 with a black border.

This works fine when viewing, printing or sharing via email but a problem occurs when I send the form via Fill & Sign.  When it is sent for signature the smaller field in the form body shows the Calibri 26 font...

Pictures below show how it should look and how it looks within Fill & Sign.  Thanks in advance

Capture.JPGOversize.JPG 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

And a calculation script to copy the value from the first field to the rest. Something like:

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use fields with different names.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@try67 close but the formatting from the cell being referenced is used in the target cell.  Any other thoughts are appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@try67 ended up your suggestion worked.  I fat fingered the field names.  Thanks for your help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that defeats what I am trying to acheive with the field.  Goal is to enter data in one place and have it displayed in a second location for emphasis.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies @try67 , the previous reply was intended for a different post.  I tried figuring out something like this on my own but don't have the programming experience.  Will give it a try and let you know. Thanks again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the settings of the second field and it should remain independent from the first one. The code I provided only copies the actual value, not anything else.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would think that but when I bring the form into Fill & Sign the cell formatting changes.  Need to find a way to flatten the duplicate cells

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that defeats what I am trying to acheive with the field.  Goal is to enter data in one place and have it displayed in a second location for emphasis.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the value from one field to the other.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the first time that I am surprised that the simple act of signing a PDF can change its appearance. As if Adobe engineers didn't know how to properly flatten form fields.
It sounds crazy to me, and in some countries it's not legal.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 1