• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplication/Replacing PDFs when combining them in Adobe Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have 41 PDFs that I am trying to combine into one PDF. When I do that, I am noticing that PDFs are duplicating and replacing some of the other PDFs. I have tried running a repair, uninstalled/installed again, have tried 1/2 the amount of the total PDFs, and tried 5 PDFs, but still seeing the issue. I called into support and didn't get any support agents for 1hr plus so I am reaching out to get some assistance. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course this is not a desirable behavior - but can you describe your process used to combine the files?  What version of Acrobat?  The more details you can give us, the better chance we have of helping troubleshoot this issue.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the process to combine the files is the PDFs are all selected in file explorer, right click, and choose combine files. Once we do that, it brings in all of the PDFs and choose the combine button in the top right. The version that is installed on the computer is Adobe Acrobat DC 20.006.20042.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are this files with form fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDFs do contain fields that were filled in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can combine the files as portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was able to create the portfolio, but unable to add digital signature. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign the files before you combine the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are forms, this is the way forms were designed and this MUST happen if they have the same named fields. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify? Sorry I am confused with this comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fields with the same name in a single PDF file will always have the same value, as they are duplicates of each other.

Your options are:

- Rename the fields before merging the files.

- Flatten the fields before merging the files.

- Merge the files as attachments to a Portfolio (basically a PDF "container" with other files attached to it) instead of as parts of a single PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines