Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Stamp and System user directory / Text Field Proprieties

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to create a dynamic stamp (I wish to add a date and Signature to a newly done static one) with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2021 on a Mac. 

I started by following the process described on https://helpx.adobe.com/au/acrobat/kb/create-custom-dynamicstamp.html but I can not find the folder "Stamp" described on point 5.

I have: 

• Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/DC

but in DC there is no folder "Stamp".

..what to do?

I have then found this different precess https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/lc_custom_stamp_tip.pdf

but on this one I get blocked on Step 3 as I can't seem able to access the "Text Field Proprieties" 

...where do I find it?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- If the folder is not there then create it.

- Those instructions are for a very old version of Acrobat, but you can reach a field's properties by going to Prepare Form mode, right-clicking it and selecting Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try67,

thanks for your answer, I went to Tools > Prepare Form and when I right cick and select Proprieties the proprieties do not allow me to add the Java Script for the automatic date.. do you know why? what should I do to create this dynamic part on the Custom Stamp?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "the properties do not allow me to add the Java Script for the automatic date", exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67

Please see attached screenshot, in my Text Field Proprieties I seem unable to find where to add the Java Script.. I only have General, Apperance, Position and Options and "Calculate" is simply not there..Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 6.24.14 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Tools - Prepare Form and then click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form". In the future, do not tick the box that says "This document requires signatures" when creating the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll find detailed information on the dynamic stamp location here:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Installing-a-PDF-Stamp-into-Acrobat-Macintosh-and-Windows.cfm

And general information here:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/All_About_PDF_Stamps.cfm

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thom,

thanks for your reply, when I try to access "Dynamic Stamp Basics " to understand how to set the date to show athomatically on my custom Stamp the web site you recommended asks me to subscribe and pay a membership fee.

Does Adobe have this process describe in his "Acrobat Help" instead?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this article:

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/dynamic_stamp_secrets/

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines