Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Stamp - Fill anytime

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've seen how to create a dynamic stamp where you can populate fields at the time of stamping (e.g. Amount, Client).  But what I am trying to do is create a stamp where I can populate it at different times.

E.g.

Date Received

Amount

Cost Centre

Date Entered

Entered by

Where the Date Received and the Date Entered would be different (I know that I can do this with 2 stamps, but would like 1).  But more importantly, the Cost Centre is not often known until later.  It needs to be sent out to someone else to be completed.  So would like that field to be able to be either filled on first stamping, filled later or filled at stamping time and modified later.

Is this at all possible?

Thanks

Julie

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Once a stamp has been applied it is flattened and the fields in it can't be edited directly any longer.

The workarounds to that are to flatten it and then edit it as static contents, or to re-apply it with new values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this can be done, but its tricky. It's done by tricking Acrobat into recreating the stamp appearance by rerunning the stamp script. To do this correctly you have to have saved the stamp parameters that have already been entered. 

The details are undocumented, but you can find the here:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/All_About_PDF_Stamps.cfm 

(it's in the book, no the web pages)

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines