Highlighted

Dynamic Stamps & Identity - Based on Account?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We acquired a series of licenses for Acrobat 2017 from TechSoup, so we have individual perpetual keys for as many as 30 users. I'm the IT person and have been signing into each installation with a common corporate account, then applying the unique license key. I'm finding that dynamic stamps, which pulls the name applied to the stamp, uses the Identity, which changes if one person changes that to their own. That apparently applies to anyone signed in on the same account, which is everyone. I don't follow it, but some users aren't signed in and maintain a unique Identity because of that. But I've seen cases where that will come back and ask for a sign-in again. I don't follow when that happens, but I'd be fine if no one needed to be signed in at all since they could keep their own Identity for the stamps. Is there a way to not need to be signed in? Is the only resolution to have each user establish their own Adobe account to be signed in on?

Topics

General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dynamic Stamps & Identity - Based on Account?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We acquired a series of licenses for Acrobat 2017 from TechSoup, so we have individual perpetual keys for as many as 30 users. I'm the IT person and have been signing into each installation with a common corporate account, then applying the unique license key. I'm finding that dynamic stamps, which pulls the name applied to the stamp, uses the Identity, which changes if one person changes that to their own. That apparently applies to anyone signed in on the same account, which is everyone. I don't follow it, but some users aren't signed in and maintain a unique Identity because of that. But I've seen cases where that will come back and ask for a sign-in again. I don't follow when that happens, but I'd be fine if no one needed to be signed in at all since they could keep their own Identity for the stamps. Is there a way to not need to be signed in? Is the only resolution to have each user establish their own Adobe account to be signed in on?

Topics

General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name that appears in the stamps has nothing to do with the Adobe account used.

It is usually the log-in name of the user profile, but it doesn't have to be. You can edit the code of the stamp to use other values, or to prompt the user to enter a name when applying the stamp.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, what I've found is that if anyone is signed in on the common account, and then changes Identity, it changes it for everyone and it applies that Identity name to dynamic stamps. Several users are running with a valid license key and aren't signed in. That's actually what I'd want, everyone to not be be signed in. If I could figure out a way to have them running without being signed in I'd be home free.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOw do you edit the name applied to the stamp?  I inadvertently typed the wrong person and now when I use the "approved" dynmic stamp, his name appears with it instead of mine.   I looked in my certificate /identity fields but cannot figure out as it appears to be me!  I am the user and am logged in as me - everything else seems okay, except that darn "approved" stamp.... Thank you. Debbie.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit the name with Edit / Preferences / Identity

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
debrab11 LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my, thank you!   That worked perfectly!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF